Recent content by oriley

1. O

2015 Treg Sport TDI...

I checked it out... Drives phenomenally well.. Love the torque out of it, but just to small. I have twin 11 year old daughters that are over 5' and my 14 year old son is already 6'. So just can't fathom cramming Everybody in there all the time.. Seems to small now let alone a few years from now.
  2. O

2015 Treg Sport TDI...

Howdy y'all.. I'm back after several years. I owned an '02 golf TDI and loved it, but just couldn't fit three kids in it well. Fast forward a few years...I now drive a '16 Ford Explorer. It's ok, but not diesel, plus it can't tow a camper that I want to get next spring. I have found a '15 Treg...
  3. O

S164 Coolant fan control fuse keeps blowing

Hmmm my fans aren't working either, engine overheats when I drive it hard, can control it by turning hear on in cabin. Fans do come on when AC is on... I'm stumped at this one also. Been having this problem for almost a year now.....
  4. O

Over-Heat Diagnosis

think I found the culprit...when I removed http://www.idparts.com/coolant-flange-for-cylinder-head-a4-auto-p-1127.html this, it broke into pieces... That's the first thing I'll replace and go from there... the port that goes into the engine was actually in several pieces when I removed it...
  5. O

Over-Heat Diagnosis

OK, now I'm going to resurrect this thread..... so a week or so before Christmas my automatic 02 golf started overheating a bit, I continued to drive it on my daily commute to work of a round trip of 20 miles, it was cold out, and it only went a tad over 190, did this for about a week. a day...
  6. O

power steering high pressure line leak

Can somebody kindly give me the part number for this high pressure line. Here's the kicker, it's an automatic. And of course has AC. I can't seem to find the thread again that a person had the same problem and has an automatic. Seem to remember there were two different P/N. Do you think silver...
  7. O

Was thinking about something like this. Work at a CNC machine shop with some cool toys. This would be tons cheaper than a new line.
  8. O

So I got a new radiator a couple of weeks ago, now I have a PS high pressure line leak. Kind of an odd place from the lack of results on my search. It's at the clamp right next to my TDI heater. I'm having trouble finding anything about this line leaking in this area. Yes the car was involved in...
  9. O

passenger seat removal dreaded airbag question

okay everybody I have briefly read the issues concerning air bag disconnect passenger seat removal.I have three young children neither of them will be sitting in the front seat,I am taking a mountain bike trip in October and I want to have everything in the car with me so the mountain bike rear...
  10. O

Front strut mount replacement 'How to'

My strut mounts are pushed up better than a half an inch. And the pressed in bushing in the control arm is all cracked and a small chunk missing. Kinda why I figured do it all.
  11. O

Front strut mount replacement 'How to'

lots of work... 158k on original parts, lots of clunking in the front. Just finished school (CNC Machinist) and interviewing. So what better time to work on her. Have in my shopping cart from idparts: Sway bar bushings and brackets Ball joints (left and right) Control arms (L&R) Stabilizer...
  12. O

Possibly Totalled

Update Well I went out and took a look at the car yesterday....expecting to see the hood crinckled up, a "grill" smashed and the bumper to be creased, I was pleasently and astonishedly shocked! I finally sat down this morning and had to re-read the "how to post pictures" and hopefully I figured...
  13. TDI VS Building

TDI VS Building

Nothing major
  14. TDI VS Building

TDI VS Building

My poor TDI
  15. TDI VS Building

TDI VS Building

Intercooler, no fresh oil laying in there, has had a slow leak though.