Recent content by Oreganoflow

1. O

hello, do you still rebuild o2j gearboxes? if so, please shoot me an email - ggaunty@gmail.com...

hello, do you still rebuild o2j gearboxes? if so, please shoot me an email - ggaunty@gmail.com or text (213) 256-1266 thanks!
  2. O

Brakes sticking and minimal pedal effort

caliper slide pins were replaced last year, i didn't lube them when i put them on. doubts they would all fail at the same time? fluid was flushed last summer too, same time. i ordered the vacuum pump from idp yesterday, i'll start there.
  3. O

Brakes sticking and minimal pedal effort

I have an intermittent issue where my brake pedal gets really stiff and the pads are slightly pressed against the rotor. The rotors get really hot and the car doesn't coast in neutral. The next day its fine. The next week its fine. Then randomly a few weeks later - same problem. The brake...
  4. O

Turn Stalk doesn't cancel

Previously, my turn stalk wouldn't cancel on left turns. We removed the dash for a heater core replacement and now the right turns don't cancel either. I replaced the stalk with another thinking that was the problem, didn't work. I've googled as well and can't find any info on this issue, just...
  5. O

Flashing Glow Plug Assistance (000741, 00750)

Interesting... I'll find another stalk and see if that one works without codes. Thanks everyone for your help.
  6. O

Ah damn. How do I know if I have it then?
  7. O

Issue with SACH Clutch kit (K7003801)

Car - 1997 TDI Jetta Gearbox - O2A (CTN) geargox I'm replacing this IDParts kit with this IDparts Kit My mechanic is telling me the new kit doesn't fit. (This is the second kit with the same part number that he said doesn't fit.) Reason being, the hole in the top of the gearbox where the end...
  8. O

My car doesn't have the cruise control silver box next to the white box behind the light switch, so I'm assuming it never came with cruise control.
  9. O

So... after replacing all the tail light and all brake switches, I found the problem after a year of troubleshooting a flashing glow plug light and the codes above. I had also purchased a cruise control switch to replace for when I did the heater core and flap rehab, but couldn't find where to...
  10. O

I was thinking about replacing the switches, again. I have VCDS but I don't recall the module I was in that monitored the 0's and 1's in real time while pressing the brake pedal. Might you know?
  11. O

Added brand new 7528 brake light bulbs, problem persists. Any other ideas? I’m sure I’m not the first to have this specific problem...?
  12. O

I do have LED headlights. I hope and assume this isn't the problem. I'll try swapping out all the tail lights today as there were there before I purchased the vehicle.
  13. O

I've got the flashing glow plug issue from the above two codes: 00741 - Brake Pedal Monitoring 00750 - Warning Lamp: Open or short to ground Glow plug light goes off when the brake pedal is pressed, but comes back on again a couple minutes later. I've researched both and can't seem to...
  14. O

Anyone non-ABS running the 1" brake MC?

I'm running 312mm fronts and 256mm vented rears on my MK3 TDI (all from MK4 20th anniv) and a full 5x100 swap. I tried the 24.5mm MC as i figured it would be needed with the upgrade but I didn't like how stiff it was. There was little room for pedal modulation. I went back to a stock 22mm MC and...
  15. O

VCDS Assistance

I reset it back to the setting I found in the log file. With cleaned out manifold I'm getting really good mpg again. Thanks to all that assisted.