Recent content by opie951

1. O

knocking under car

the subframe bushings were also changed over the summer. thanks for all the input its going on the rack again this weekend, and im going to get to the bottom of this
  2. O

knocking under car

it has a brand new koni suspension and all new mounts. exhaust is also solid and the engine seems to be solid in the mounts. they are the original side mouonts and a new bogbone mount. the knocking only happens when i turn right coasting with low to no throtle. no knocking under power.
  3. O

knocking under car

i have a knocking sound under the car only when i am off the throtle and coasting in a right turn only. i am stumped. its not the cv joints, i just replaced both the shafts and the sound continues. ive also replaced all the ball joints and bushings too.what else could it be.
  4. O

17-22 hybrid boost question

i talked to my tuner and was assured that my turbo is now running like it should. the tune was suppose to drop the boost to 22psi in the higher rpm range, like it does now. the reason why i was getting 26 psi all the way to 5k was because of the sticky veins in the vnt. after all the soot...
  5. O

nope thats not it. changed the fuel filter and no change
  6. O

my tuner is kerma tdi and charlie sent me a 1722 3 bar tune. the car used to hold 26psi all the way up to 5k, ive never taken it past that because my bottom end is stock. it only seems that within the last month the boost psi would hold at 26psi and then drop to around 22-23psi at around 35k...
  7. O

after a little more research, when i hold WOT the boost holds at 26psi like is is suppose to but when i get into the higher rpm at 4k an above the boost drops. ive checked all the intercooler pipes and all the vac lines have been replaced. VNT is clean, could this be a dirty fuel filter? its...
  8. O

vaccuum system solenoid removal

charlie from kerma tdi is in the process of tweaking my tune to remove the celenoids.
  9. O

i dont mean to be rude but i started this thread to figure out how to remove the 2 vac celenoids that opperate the egr. not the vac reservoir
  10. O

i unpluged the 2 valves and now i get a CEL p1441 n18 open/short to ground. can i remove this with vagcom or does my tuner have to remove it.
  11. O

can i remove the the 2 vac celenoids that opperate the egr valve i have a race pipe and a kerma tune so i dont have a cel on. I am going to replace all my vac lines and i would like to clean up the system. if it doesnt do anything than it doesnt need to be thare. if they can be removed than...
  12. O

i did suspect a vac leak. the turbo gives me a spike at 28-29 psi and then drops to around 23 psi. it is very inconsistant sometimes 23 sometimes 25-26
  13. O

PP764's+Stock Turbo+RC3= Can't get over 40mpg?

send them to DBW LLC to get them balanced and pop tested. let them know that they need to have thier flow reduced. you can run the huge R520's on a stock tune if they are set up properly. i get 48-52 mpg with my bosio pp764s
  14. O

my 17-22 just recently started to run a steady boost at 22-23 psi. it used to hold at 26 psi. could this be because of the 90+ degree days in the last week or could i have another problem. i do have a eurojet FMIC.
  15. O

When are Headstuds necessary?

you may not need them, but for $150 ther are cheap insurance