Recent content by Ookpic

1. Ookpic

Feeler FS for 2002 Golf 2Dr GL TDI with Mods

Looking for honest opinions on worth... So the time has come, sadly, for me to part ways with the TDI world. With growing diesel prices, free charging at work, aging MKIV Golf and aging body, I have purchased an EV for my last few commuting years. I have a 2002 Indigo Blue 2Dr GL which at one...
  2. Ookpic

Wiper stuck on issue

Wiper Stalk has been replaced with a Brand New Febi Bilstein unit.
  3. Ookpic

Wiper stuck on issue

Thanks for the advice! I've already replaced the ground connection from the battery to the left frame to the engine ground harness. It always causes strange issues. I'm gonna try another relay as it's possible that the vendor gave me the incorrect one that is for rain sensing which I do NOT...
  4. Ookpic

Wiper stuck on issue

The Wiper relay is also Brand New Topran brand. All items were purchased through Altrom which is the equivalent to ECP Euro here in Canada.
  5. Ookpic

Wiper stuck on issue

Brand New Febi Bilstein Wiper motor installed last night. Same result. Brand New Febi Bilstein Wiper stalk installed 2 weeks ago. Same result.
  6. Ookpic

Wiper stuck on issue

Ok, I've read and researched and am hoping that someone can chime in on a direction for my problem... My wipers will NOT shut off! 2002 Golf MKIV 2dr with 530k kms. This is a basic 2dr GL with no power windows, no heated seats. This issue started in the summer time and the wipers just started...
  7. Ookpic

Intermittent Clutch Engagement Position

I would expect the clutch to slip if that was the case, no? I'm tuned and have upgraded hardware and there is no slipping at all. 8 times out of 10 the clutch engagement is right were I expect it to be but then at the next random stop it changes and pedal comes quite high before engagement and...
  8. Ookpic

Yes sir. All parts were replaced.
  9. Ookpic

Hello all Been awhile since I posted. I'm having a weird intermittent clutch engagement issue. 2002 Golf ALH 5spd... 80% of the time the clutch operates normally but occasionally, the engagement point changes and has noticeably more pedal travel to engage. So engagement happens much closer to...
  10. Ookpic

Air Conditioning stops working at idle

Looks like @csstevej is correct. Pressure is fine, clutch is pulling in but not pumping. I fully suspect it is that compressor control valve inside the compressor and I asked them if they do that type of thing and he said no. If I get him the compressor, I should have the car back today. I'll be...
  11. Ookpic

I can purchase a full set of gauges for under $70 here but without the technical AC knowledge, I think it may be a waste of funds. I've approached my hobby mechanic friend to maybe go halfers on a set of gauges for future troubleshooting though. This car is almost half a million kms on it so I...
  12. Ookpic

Yup, already saw that. We'll see what they say at the shop. Just because of time frame and parts coming from Florida, I may just bite the bullet and install new compressor if that is what they diag the problem is and keep the old one and order parts and ship them USPS (2weeks time usually) and...
  13. Ookpic

Thanks very much for the info! If they diag it to the compressor I may have them just evac the system and I'll order that exact part from RockAuto. Being in Canada, the one from polarbear may cause shipping issues. I found the exact part on Amazon. UAC branded EX10076. So if that's what they...
  14. Ookpic

Yeah, sorry. As I said I only had available to me one of those crappy gauges that come with the fill it yourself cans. It was in the red with both the car running and when it was not running meaning high pressure. I don't have access to any proper gauges that's why I'm taking it into an AC shop...
  15. Ookpic

UPDATE... I had a friend come over that has a spare gauge from one of those fill yourself kits. It had no can but the object was just to compare pressure on the low side while the car is off and while running. The low pressure side port is always showing high pressure. My rudimentary knowledge...