Recent content by oldViking

1. O

How can I determine if my EGR valve is operating ?

Hi, For some time now I have suspected that my EGR valve (a BEW engine) is not operating. This conclusion was reached by a persistent CEL P2196 (the air/fuel mixture is stuck rich). Initially I thought that something was wrong with the the valve, and installed a new one. This did not help...
  2. O

Cannot find the location of an electrical connector designated as "T14C"

Hi People, Unfortunately, I do not see any connector with 14 pins in this general location. Is it possible that the Bentley diagram is mistaken, and all of these wires just go directly to the ECU, and connector T14C does not exist ? Roy
  3. O

Cannot find the location of an electrical connector designated as "T14C"

Hi, I am trouble shooting a bad ground in the electrical connector that goes to the EGR valve on my BEW engine. Please see the Bentley manual, diagram No. 81/8. This shows a 6 pin connector for devices N18(the EGR valve motor), and G212(the EGR potentiometer). Before the signals get to the...
  4. O

Persistant CEL: P2196, O2 sensor stuck/biased high (rich)

Just to clarify, a new EGR valve was installed at 256,00 miles. I did not attempt to disable or remove any part of the EGR system.
  5. O

Persistant CEL: P2196, O2 sensor stuck/biased high (rich)

High, I need help with my 2004 BEW engine (5 speed manual). 253,000 miles Changed the MAF sensor (Bosch 0 281 002 531) to cure a loss of speed going up a hill with the cruise control engaged. This problem was solved. The throttle response was definitely improved. The car felt good...