Recent content by oldstreetracer

1. O

Hesitation at partial throttle when cold

Ditto for me as well, 3rd gear, cold engine feels like I just took my foot off the gas pedal for a moment, I figure that after I get a couple of thousand miles on the engine that I will go with the 1.5 flash upgrade and fuel rite out of the problem ;)
  2. O

First dose of winter arrived. Heated mirrors?

I actually run a glass encapsulation plant that supplies all the OEM's and I can tell you the side door roll up glass does not have any kind of thermo couples in them that would be able to sense temp, my guess is that the side mirror defrost may go off the car outside temp sensor. I like the...
  3. O

First dose of winter arrived. Heated mirrors?

Does anyone know if the side view mirrors are on a timer? A lot of times I forget to turn the knob back to the mirror lock position and was wondering if they were staying on all the time or even turning back on after I start the car each time I leave it in the defrost position?
  4. O

USB to 3.5mm adapter?

Your rite, the SD card is starting to sound a lot easier, thanks for bringing me back to reality VeeDub.
  5. O

USB to 3.5mm adapter?

The adapter that I am looking for plugs into the lighter socket for power, has a female usb port and a small screen to see what is playing, most of them use your FM tuner to transmit but I'm looking for one that would use a 3.5mm patch cable to connect to the aux port in the arm rest.
  6. O

USB to 3.5mm adapter?

I did numerous searches on this but could not find if anyone has found an adapter to go from a female USB to a male 3.5mm so that I can play all the music on my thumb drive, any help would be appreciated. fyi, just picked up my monster mats and 12 volt rechargable LED flash lite that goes in...
  7. O

2000 dark blue Jetta 300km, stick, fully loaded $7000.00 can

:( Its time to part will my little hot rod TDI, she is a 5 speed manual with tan leather interior (heated seats with no tears), dark blue exterior (no rust), 300,000km mostly highway km's, power sun roof, steering, brakes, windows and cruise, all the performance upgrades are from the best...
  8. O

2000 dark blue Jetta 300Km $7000.00 can

Everything in my signature comes with it including the USB Vag Com and a CD version of the Bentley manual. Under normal circumstances I would never sell this car (or at least I would replace it with the same) Moving to Michigan and working with the second largest domestic auto parts supplier in...
  9. O

2000 dark blue Jetta 300Km $7000.00 can

:( Its time to part will my little hot rod TDI, she is a 5 speed manual with tan leather interior (heated seats with no tears), dark blue exterior (no rust), 300,000km mostly highway km's, power sun roof, steering, brakes, cruise, windows, all the performance upgrades are from the best...
  10. O

Do I need an higher performance clutch?

I agree with SmokinTDI but most shops cannot resurface the DM flywheels which is the main reason people change to the SM (alot cheaper) Ed, what did you end up doing in regards to resurfacing? Kind Regards
  11. O

Fuel Cooler...

Alot of the tranny coolers come with a type of tie strap that goes through the fins on the cooler and the engine rad to hold in place, they have foam pieces to protect the fins. The stacked plate design (Mocal) that Krout has is by far the best I have ever seen, B&M makes a decent stacked plate...
  12. O

Is this a good intake?

So far the best cold air intake IMO is the one seen in the following thread, there seems to be some concern using oiled gauze filters contaminating the MAF so the stock unit off the R32 1.8L using the stock panel filter seems like a great alternative...
  13. O

OMI SALE

Would like a black one with ccv, please PM for payment and shipping. Kind Regards
  14. O

TPC Now available online at JSP for $319 Shipped!

Super Chicken, are the TPC boxes still $319 including shipping, I would like to get one to help me kick up the boost a little bit, the UPS 2+ tune in the warmer weather seems to settle around 15~16 psi after is spikes to 20psi, if its below 0 then it will spike to 22psi and settles in at...
  15. O

Feeler - Clutch GB

Best wishes from Bradford, your not too far from me, PM to let me know if you need anything, were just off the 400. Kind Regards