Recent content by oldspice

1. oldspice

BRM Cam Failure

I already did. Will update as info on new head performance comes up. You guys need to quite arguing about what oil is right, you're all making me very indecisive on what I am going to use in my new head to keep this from happening again. Next time I will be out of warranty.
  2. oldspice

BRM stutter then "limp mode"

Changed the fuel filter and still having the problem. Have fueled up at different places, so I can't pin it on fuel supply.
  3. oldspice

Interior out-gassing

Quit bragging about your new car smell!!
  4. oldspice

Brake Fluid Type?

x2 for autohauseaz.com
  5. oldspice

Any suggestions for checking this? Unsticking the VNT accuator or checking adjustment?
  6. oldspice

There is no mashing of the throttle when it goes into limp mode. I only said I put my foot to the floor after entering into limp mode verifying that there is no power.
  7. oldspice

The problem is so intermittent that I have never been able to make it happen.
  8. oldspice

It has always happened when I was in 5th gear(keeping rpm's low for best mileage)
  9. oldspice

5spd manual trans. and it seems to happen @ 40-50mph
  10. oldspice

Been having a mysterious stutter show up when I am traveling at 45-50 mph, then it is going into limp mode(ie no turbo boost, no power with accelerator to the floor). It has happened 5 times in the last 2k miles and the dealer can't figure it out because they can't get it to act up when they...
  11. oldspice

Large Raccoon at 60mph = Unhappy Jetta

I would insist on a VW loaner/rental man. Who wants to drive a vibe when you're used to a jetta. My incident w/ said deer happened just before thanksgiving last year so with a holiday in there my waiting time was about 3 1/2 weeks. Ryan
  12. oldspice

A4 vs. A5

I have owned both and must say that there is way more room in the back of the MKV. MKIV was fine if you don't mind your passangers kicking your back of your seat all the time. There is way less yelling at the 3 year old to quit kicking my seat.
  13. oldspice

Large Raccoon at 60mph = Unhappy Jetta

I only had my 05.5 Jetta for 18 hours before I hit a deer and caused $7000 in damage to the bumper, grille, headlights, rad. support, rt. fender, and rt. door. I had litterally had just left the insurance agents office, best $60 I ever spent. The only plus in the situation was that I was able to...
  14. oldspice

PD cam failure - Data collection thread

Engine: BRM Year: 2005.5 Cam failure Y/N, miles: Y, 49200 Type of failure: severe wear Full oil service history, type, spec, weight, and brand if you have it: Dealer serviced with 505.01(supposedly) at 8k, 18k, 35k, ?, 49k by me w/507 total quatrz Miles on car: 49250 Mods: none performance wise...
  15. oldspice

TDIClub members in Longview or Kelso, WA

Can't wait till the weather shapes up so we can get our spring cleaning/pollishing done. It will be nice to ge some group photos done too now that I have joined the MKV family. Ryan