oilhammer's latest activity

• oilhammer
    oilhammer replied to the thread ALH Golf Trans to BEW Jetta?.
    It is about 100 RPM difference at 80, so not a lot. And I am not sure I notice any real difference in MPGs. I only used a BEW 02J in...
  • oilhammer
    oilhammer replied to the thread ATF Fluid Help.
    Yeah, a drain and refill doesn't get it all out. I would do it every 40k at least, but in a case where you get one severely neglected...
  • oilhammer
    oilhammer replied to the thread timing belt issue.
    Sending a PM
  • oilhammer
    OK, are you taking it off? I'll have to bring some tools home otherwise.
  • oilhammer
    Heh, yeah, and some of them are even Volkswagens... I drive one every day!
  • oilhammer
    Yep, it is a joke, isn't it? You can certainly lawyer up, I'm sure VoA has bigger ones, though. It gets harder and harder to remain...
  • oilhammer
    100k yes, but if it is not done correctly, or completely, or something else fails along the way. Or if it gets a lot of short trips and...
  • oilhammer
    So many people take the time to respond with nonsense and unhelpful posts. Sorry for that. :( I would take the head off and have it...
  • oilhammer
    oilhammer replied to the thread Radiator question.
    I would go for one of the OEM suppliers, which is usually going to be Behr/Hella or Valeo. These radiators rarely fail on their own, it...
  • oilhammer
    oilhammer replied to the thread Hard shift.
    You need a new valve body. That would have saved you some time and money, too, since they come complete with all the solenoids already...
  • oilhammer
    oilhammer replied to the thread ALH Golf Trans to BEW Jetta?.
    The BEW's version of the 02J is geared slightly taller, but other than that, they are essentially the same as what was used in the ALH...
  • oilhammer
    I was gonna say, any run of the mill car (as much as I love my dubs, they were all VERY mass produced VERY high selling vehicles...
  • oilhammer
    oilhammer replied to the thread DSG Slipping? How to diagnose?.
    Normally the M-unit will flag a DTC for that sort of thing, and you'll get your friendly MIL staring you in the face. Although a fault...
  • oilhammer
    You can come get the whole engine any time this coming weekend. If you just want the head, I'll have to take it off (unless you want to...
  • oilhammer
    oilhammer replied to the thread ALH TPS Manual Vs Automatic.
    There are several suppliers, and the car normally has the studs for either bolt hole arrangement.