Recent content by Nymench

1. N

SOURCE NEEDED: Can buss modules for Xenons

no i have the after market kit for (2 sets) low beams and high beams in the oem housing. I am having the initial start problem.......they worked for about a week then stopped...well one out of the 4 only works. So i presume that i not only need the cam-bus module for both sets and possibly 3...
  2. N

SOURCE NEEDED: Can buss modules for Xenons

Hey, I purchased a set of xenons both low and high) from a poster on this forum months ago and have not been able to ever get more then one to head light to work at a time. I have been looking to buy these canbus modules but can not locate a reliable source to sell them to me. Anyone have...
  3. N

iPod retrofit installed at dealer, but problem..

IPod Humm I have the same issue, they told me that the older interface with out the meta data pass through was a better connection. I get a humm or buzz with my ipod adapter, they also said that because the adapter uses the Bluetooth and Sirius interface also degrades the signal. They...
  4. N

Optical Windshield Glass Distortion

I too have noticed this on the center of the front window. Anyone have success in having this replaced for build quality? I have had many German cars this being my 1st vw....and i am not at all impressed with the build quality. Two of the metal fenders (at the rolled edge) are not clear...
  5. N

Where can I get a performance flash for my 09?

I have the plug and play "Diesel Power" module......love it. Had it dyno'ed see the files in my profile and comments. Much improved acceleration and responsiveness....and yes just unplug when going to the dealer.....easy peasy! Fletch
  6. N

Jetta TDI -Diesel Power Module: DYNO TEST

Here you go guys! Sorry it took so long.........my friend was doing me a favor for us. http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=103246&cat=500
  7. Tied down for dyno runs

Tied down for dyno runs

8. Dyno 2009 TDI (stock and then with DieselPower Module)

Dyno 2009 TDI (stock and then with DieselPower Module)

I have to be honest.....while there was no real HP gain realized on the Dyno. I can attest that the torque is noticeably different IMPROVED with the module installed on setting 9. 1)Dead stop stronger and smoother. 2)Passing power much reduced spool up times. 3)Best of all no change in fuel c
  9. N

10 Mile Butt DYNO test Results. (real dyno scheduled tomorrow evening) Install: Very simple once you get the OEM plug off.( did they have to put it upside down) Drive ability: (recommended setting 9 not F) 1)Significant throttle response from dead stop in both D and DS 2)Much smother shift...
  10. N

Snow Tires for 2009 Jetta TDI Question??

I have had amazing luck on my rover and other front drive cars.......WALNUT TECHNOLOGY...TOYO OBSERVE. http://toyotires.com/tires/winter-tires
  11. N

Ok......i have the kit in hand.....dyno pre and post scheduled for this week. I will post the results, asap.
  12. N

Sound Proofing Interior: Dynamat

Its a brand new car.....TDI I would agree on the wheel wells, i look and they are plasic so maybe an option to remove them and cover them with dynamat or foam of some sort. I could inject the spray stuff but could get messy if not contained.
  13. N

2009 Jetta Front Bumper Removal? HIGH BEAM BULB CLIP install is the cause

Ok.....what a ordeal.... I was trying to install a HID conversion kit on my low beam lights.....well they sent the wrong Kit. It was for the high beams......and well they fit the high beams jsut fine. BUT NOW I CAN NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET THE CLIP TO HOLD THE BULBS IN PLACE. YOU CAN NOT...
  14. N

Sound Proofing Interior: Dynamat

I am not at all that pleased with the high level of road noise i am getting from the car. I know this is not a premium lux ride.....but i wonder if anyone has installed dynamat in the doors to quiet things down a bit? Fletch
  15. N

Much appreciated...saw this after my initial response. Cheers......