Recent content by NWMO Tercel 4WD

1. N

Bell housing bolt pattern for 1.6tdi and clearance for oil pan

I thought the AL25 was the last carbureted yota and then the 4afe, 7afe family came along. I didn’t realize the Tercel didn’t change at the same time.
  2. N

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=5294832127223939&set=pcb.3962029033820977 Here is a link to my Tercel. And the hillbilly piping up front is for my snorkel (as needed) :) Chris
  3. N

Thank you very much for the great info! You are spot on, I daily drive and enjoy my 85' Tercel wagon 4WD immensely (repowered with a 4a), but would like the low end torque and novelty of a diesel. A few of us Tercel folks like to play with light off-roading and even with the EL sixth gear...
  4. N

Thanks for the offer, the 2.0 info wouldn't likely help much. I do appreciate the help, I am in Missouri and have a local "contact" that likely has some of the tdi engines around that I could take a look at. Thank you for the link as well, part of the fun is learning along the way.
  5. N

This is the engine bay of my car to give a "bigger" picture. This perspective doesn't help much, but provides a general layout.
  6. N

Thanks Straypoet, I've not welded aluminum, but can surely work something out OR come up with a steel pan that could be modified (I can ugly weld steel). As you can see in the linked oil pan advertisement, once passed the front of the diff, there is room for a sump that seems like it would work...
  7. N

Hello vw folks. I am interested in trying to find a suitable diesel swap for the AL25 Toyota Tercel wagons. Below is a pic of the odd bell housing and the very limited clearance on the bottom as the engine sits on top of the front differential. Here is a link that shows the 3a oil pan or one...