Recent content by nwca

1. N

NW california 1.9 tdi alh motor

Both are gone, thanks
  2. N

I bought it a few years ago from a beetle I parted out for the stick shift, I put that into my...

I bought it a few years ago from a beetle I parted out for the stick shift, I put that into my golf and kept the motor/wiring/extras around in case I ever needed them. Had around 160,000 miles when pulled. I've now decided if/when the golf breaks (who knows when that might be) I'll go EV...
  3. N

One has sold, if anyone knows of a decent priced Cabrio with a 5 speed I would consider buying it to swap this in instead... Otherwise its still for sale. Thanks
  4. N

I read your post on the TDI motor for sale, I have one in Northern California for sale also...

I read your post on the TDI motor for sale, I have one in Northern California for sale also...
  5. N

Eye rate this caddy

I worked at a plant once that used two 250 hp motors to move air....We had huge ductwork for this which was covered with foam....For some reason one day I put my screw driver in the foam, kept on going. Saved them a LOT of money as it was really close to imploding, but far enough out we could...
  6. N

Eye rate this caddy

I hate to sound negative, but, well, You couldn't do worse from pictures only and would only be out $700 more if you had one shipped to you and it came in the same state (rust/not running). I'd rather get one fairly rust free and pay $1,000 to ship it... I bought a Cabrio that had a TDI swap...
  7. N

Anyone need one now? How does $700 work? Thanks
  8. N

Entire TDI family named "Worst Foreign Car Engine Of All Time"

Meh, you can't compare it in any simple formula. A Hummer gets like 10 MPG at best, while the right Golf gets close to 50 mpg. GM is proud of their $100,000 Electric Hummer, but you could have built 5 leafs with the resources wasted on that one hummer.... I owned a 1995 Civic VX (non...
  9. N

Entire TDI family named "Worst Foreign Car Engine Of All Time"

Gm built the 700r4 with a sunshell that was like 10 gauge thick. If it didn't take the transmission out it was certain cracked when you when to rebuild it. They made this for like 10+ years, never "fixing" it. I'm sure it made them a lot of money....
  10. N

Motors include everything from turbo/pump/alternator/AC and I have one brand new clutch assembly as well. Motor Wiring harness, ecu/keys/steering column, intercooler (and pipes), Fuel pedal, along with other various bits. Looking to sell complete as it would be ideal for a swap situation...
  11. N

Audi TT partout

how much for the o2m? I live in 95548
  12. N

'86 Suzuki Samurai TDI Swap

One sweet looking rig, you ever take it on the Rubicon? I live West of you, over on the coast. Have a 2004 TJ Rubi I might take on the trail one day...might even put a TDI in it one day..
  13. N

96 Passat TDI Wagon, Page, AZ, $5500, Very good condition.

update Brian, you need to update your profile now. I live about 4 hours north of you, and now own one of the few cabrio TDI's around also. Glad your happy with it.
  14. N

bew motor with ecu

The owner isn't willing to drive to meet me to part it out, and its a 40 mile drive for me. But there is pretty much nothing on the body worth saving (sheet metal). Transmission is gone. So basically he's wanting to get rid of a very beat up shell/motor/ecu/exhaust and I guess things like...
  15. N

bew motor with ecu

I have access to a bew/pumpe duse motor with 144,000 miles in a 2004golf. Car was totaled and it has the ecu and is a complete motor. NW cali, looking at $1,500. Its not my car, so I don't have a lot of information on it. I'm in NW cali, about 4 hours north of SF, out on the coast.