Recent content by nukemm

1. N

VAG-COM in San Diego?

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone to scan/clear my 2003 TDI. The car runs fine, I'm just trying to clear the MIL so I can get it registered in CA since I (reluctantly) am now a CA resident. Thanks.
  2. N

Exterior washing at home

I'm in the same area and suffer the same problem... if anyone knows where I can get new filters and detergent for the Mr. Clean Auto-Dry here in SoCal, please speak up. I've been looking for 1.5 years with no luck. OP: My current solution is to wash one panel at a time on my vehicle and dry...
  3. N

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

When I filled up in El Cajon yesterday, there were several places at around $3.39. I drove by the 76 on Bancroft Dr. (exit 10A on the 94) and it was $3.199 cash price this afternoon, but that is the diesel that I've been running (and getting poor mileage with).
  4. N

I should update my signature... I sold the GTI almost a year ago after getting garbage fuel economy (~20MPG) once I moved down here to San Diego - and I had to put premium in that... bought an F250 instead ('cause that's better on gas :rolleyes:) In all fairness, the Jetta has only seen 3200...
  5. N

As low as $3.299 cash price here in San Diego, but $3.599 for Chevron. I've been using cheap diesel since moving down here and my fuel economy has suffered. Maybe the good stuff will help a bit (along with cleaning the intake and replacing the air filter).
  6. N

Friendly neighbor refilled with gas.

I might do it myself. I did it just after I bought the car (at about 75,000 miles), but it took quite a while. I might just pay up for someone to do it for me, lol.
  7. N

Got the car back yesterday. No harm, no foul. The big thing that saved it was the 7 gallons of gas that the neighbor put in - too much for it to start once it got to the gasoline. $411.75 to fix, but I only paid $100 (he paid the rest) - I basically paid for the oil change and a new fuel filter...
  8. N

Thanks for all the support. My wife isn't the one that I ever have to worry about - she's so particular about it! When we moved down here to CA in September she got out and watched the attendant fill it in Oregon, especially after he tried filling my modified GTI with 87. The only good part of...
  9. N

Batteries for TDIs

The battery in my wife's TDI failed last Wednesday (maybe before, it didn't move for a few weeks), and I replaced it with an Optima Yellow Top, but not by choice. The dealer wanted near $200 for it, and only 1 store in the San Diego area had a direct-fit replacement (AutoZone). I went to...
  10. N

My neighbor borrowed my car the other day, and being a nice guy put about 5 gallons (of gas) in it before bringing it back, and didn't mention anything. I drove it about 5 miles yesterday and it wasn't running horrible, but not well - just hard to start, but nothing too unusual. I stopped at the...
  11. N

so, anyone regretting getting a diesel yet?

Right now I'm pretty content. With premium being $3.759 and D2 being $3.799 my TDI still is much cheaper to drive than my GTI. Either way they both beat my Jeep (15MPG @ $3.559).
  12. N

Just a quick thank you...

Thanks to any and all that have posted in regards to replacing the coolant temperature sensor. :) It finally got warm enough to go outside and change it. Now I should be CEL free for my road trip this week. Only hitch I had was I broke the top off of the retaining clip on the line (still holds...
  13. N

Yeah,here it is-the yearly(Sept.) how much is diesel rising in your area thread!

I'd rather have shortages with lower prices - perhaps I could get some time off of work due to not having any fuel. :) ...in all seriousness, though, I'd rather have higher prices and adequate supply - perhaps with high enough prices more of the buying public will want more fuel efficient...
  14. N

16" wheels on '04 GOLF?

Studless snow tires are good. I've had good experiences with Nokians and Blizzaks in the past.
  15. N

Cold weather coming. What to tell the Newbs?

Not all of us 'texers are smart-ss's... ;). I do, however, get the feeling that at 23 I'm one of the younger members here. Here's to trying to not offend the old farts... ;)