Recent content by nukefission

1. N

FS: Rear Sway Bar (A3)(B4)(A4) | Northern VA | $200

Brand new rear sway bar. I bought this several years ago, lost it during a move, bought another one to put on my car, then found this original one. Never installed and still wrapped in the foam it shipped in (including vintage TDIParts.com wrapping tape). Installation hardware (4 bolts/nuts)...
  2. misc

misc

3. PXL_20200928_185236302.jpg

PXL_20200928_185236302.jpg

4. PXL_20200928_185245433.jpg

PXL_20200928_185245433.jpg

5. N

WTB: ALH accessory bracket

Thanks for the offers. Found one.
  6. N

WTB: ALH accessory bracket

Need the big accessory bracket to which the injection pump, serpentine belt tensioner, etc. attach for the ALH motor.
  7. N

P1562

False alarm. While tearing the interior out I must have bumped into the switch I have on the dash for the Evry mod--which I never use anymore--and turned it on a while ago. No idea how long I drove it around like that, but naturally the IQ was way high. Turned it off and the code cleared up. My...
  8. N

P1562

2002 Golf, ALH. Searched on here, read the rosstech wiki. I disconnected the battery to take the seats out, hunting a wet floor issue. I put only the driver's seat back in. With the battery disconnected I bridged the pos/neg cables to discharge any residual. Hooked it back up and now I have...
  9. N

In the market for a B5 wagon

Torque converter failure is common in the W8s. This happened to ours but it was handled by the dealer that was about to sell us the car. I thought it was unique to the W8 cars, but I guess all Passats experience it? It seemed to most likely occur from 60k to 80k miles, so one could surmise that...
  10. N

In the market for a B5 wagon

Background: Looking to replace my wife's Passat Wagon W8 with a Passat Wagon TDI. While I'd be sorry to part with the power and AWD of the W8, we need something that will last longer, is more fuel efficient and less of a potential maintenance nightmare. I've put over 200,000 miles on my ALH Golf...
  11. N

Northern Virginia Now Emision Tests Diesel Cars

I'm moving into Prince William from a county that doesn't do emissions checks. Regarding the OBDII check for diesels - do they just check for fault codes and readiness, or do they actually check for proper EGR flow according to what the ECU is reading? I have a race pipe and all EGR stuff...
  12. N

Motive brake fluid change (caution 3MB of pics)

I generally flush mine with water or something after each use to cut down on the shelf decomposition.
  13. N

Part number/illustration needed (ETKA)

Experience has taught me not to trust any monkey behind a parts counter. I need to see the illustration for myself. 1stvwparts has been no different for me. In fact, a couple years ago I asked them this same question and was told that this part had been discontinued, yet today with their new OEM...
  14. N

Part number/illustration needed (ETKA)

Car is a 2002 Golf TDI 4-dr. I need to replace the antenna cable that plugs into the back of the radio (originally a double DIN Premium 6, although now I have a single DIN OEM radio in there from another car, but that doesn't matter). I found it on 1stwvparts here for $61, however there's no...
  15. N

Help! No start after t-belt and IP seals replacement

As I said, going through the IP was a preventive measure. I wanted to take the opportunity to work on it on the workbench since the t-belt was off anyway. I read about the on-car pump head seal replacement and personally I don't agree with it. O-rings shouldn't be stretched that much, even if...