Recent content by Nuje

1. Nuje

WTB 6spd DRW Auto to Manual conversion kit.

I got a DRW from frans (DutchAutoParts) - he has a thread in the Vendor sub-forum. Given that it's a couple hundred pounds of stuff strapped to a pallet, and arrives in a few days after order/payment....shipping seems downright cheap - like $250USD or so for the whole 6sp. swap package.
  2. Nuje

Driver seat airbag/seatbelt blew; anchor / latch need replacing, too?

The car did suffer a little parking lot "doink", while it was parked, to the left (same side as blown bags) rear taillight (photo below) about 10days prior. I figured the two might be related, but (a) seemed ridiculously minor, and (b) weird that it'd wait 10days to deploy.
  3. Nuje

I had gotten the impression just from pulling various bits apart on these cars, that anything with a yellow connector was part of the airbag system. (?) In any event, I just left the seatbelt latch as it was (easy enough to remove later if need be), hooked everything back up, cleared the codes...
  4. Nuje

Friend's car - driver seat (and side curtain) airbag blew while driving down gravel road. Got the airbags and seatbelt reel for replacement, but then noticed that the anchor (by console, where the belt clicks in) also has the yellow connector; does that need to be replaced as well if the...
  5. Nuje

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Aren't you only supposed to rotate front-to-back on these cars? Also: pretty sure my ContiWinterContact TS830P tires are not unidirectional, only "this side out".
  6. Nuje

Seeking 2015 Golf Sportwagen and advice!

There's a SEL for sale by a longtime member here listed in the "Cars For Sale" section for $10,000. Helluva deal. It is a DSG, not manual, but get a DSG tune and it becomes a lot more enjoyable to drive. To me, I wouldn't get any car other than the SEL mostly because of the seats - they're just...
  7. Nuje

Bulb out warning light

As you were getting close to hinting at...the solution, even though the bulbs are working, might be to replace the bulbs. (?)
  8. Nuje

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Put the first coat of VW OEM touch-up (spray) paint on my (to be retrofitted) parking sensors....and I'm not liking the look of the paint. It seems WAY too dark - closer to "charcoal" metallic than "platinum grey" metallic. Might have to go back to VW to see if they ordered the wrong paint...
  9. Nuje

Reputable shop in Portland, Oregon

You will not go wrong having oldpoopie work on your car. Dude gets it done good! 👍
  10. Nuje

FS (with Free Shipping in Canada): Car's gone (Mk4 Golf), parts still here

Yes. I picked up a couple a little while ago. $10 shipped. But gotta do it tonight
  11. Nuje

FS (with Free Shipping in Canada): Car's gone (Mk4 Golf), parts still here

Free shipping today for anyone in Canada! Switches, relays, small bit too small to make shipping worthwhile...let me know.
  12. Nuje

A/C went out.... help!

Please remember, folks, that we shouldn't be publicly posting manuals that are copyrighted. What you do in private email or text is your business, but on a public member forum like this, not a good idea.
  13. Nuje

LED headlights

When do we get to see the exciting conclusion to "KrashDH Builds More Lights More Better"? :D
  14. Nuje

LED headlights

You may be conflating "6000K" (color temperature), which is a common measure with "lumens", a measure of brightness, like "candlepower". In general, 6000K makes a fine-looking DRL, but it's crap for driving, as it is close to the blue spectrum; particularly with wet roads, 6000K makes the road...
  15. Nuje

01M Reverse Problems

01M transmission was in the Mk3 gasser engine? I learn something new ever day.