Nuje's latest activity

• Nuje
    Nuje replied to the thread Correct Torque.
    Yeah - you know how when you get your tires installed at Costco, they offer / suggest you bring the car back after the first 50miles or...
  • Nuje
    Bentley specifically said "snug a bit from there"? ;)
  • Nuje
    Nuje replied to the thread Correct Torque.
    Same as it is for OE wheels - be sure they use the proper-shaped lug bolts (probably conical - Google it if you're unsure what we're...
  • Nuje
    Nuje replied to the thread Want To Buy-15 Golf Sportwagen TDI.
    Glad to hear you came out of the crash intact - that sounds scary! Good luck on the hunt. The fact that we only got that car here for...
  • Nuje
    Nuje replied to the thread New Cr140 build!.
    I've seen that CanadaCatalyst.ca come up in Google searches recently; where do they ship from? Reasonable shipping prices? I need the...
  • Nuje
    Ahhh - right. Forgot about that second one. I might have that section of coolant hose still kicking around from the swap - pm me if...
  • Nuje
    Having just done an engine swap (just a CJAA bad to CJAA good, but the "good" engine was hacked out of its donor vehicle so I had to...
  • Nuje
    Right. But which one is correct - 20Nm plus a *LOT*; or 20Nm and call it a day.
  • Nuje
    Not the bolts that hold the sprocket to the HPFP itself, but the bolts (one short, two longer - like 4") that attach the HPFP to the...
  • Nuje
    Nuje replied to the thread 2014 TDI timing belt change.
    Ahem, ahem.... ;)
  • Nuje
    And remember that it's not crazy-tight. I think torque spec on that is only like 25Nm (so 18ft.lb. - imagine a 20lb dumbbell at the end...
  • Nuje
    Nuje replied to the thread 2014 TDI timing belt change.
    Everything looks good from here. I'm starting to run out of ideas. So, you don't even get even a few degrees of being able to turn the...
  • Nuje
    Nuje replied to the thread CJAA DSG DMF - pilot bearing?.
    $35 from the dealer here in Canada. Went back together fine - so much easier reattaching a transmission with the engine out of the car. :D
  • Nuje
    No heat icon on that touch wheel, though....? ;)
  • Nuje
    Nuje replied to the thread Engine harness.
    Lots of "connections" in the wiring harness are just junctions buried in the taped wire bundle. Where are you checking continuity...