Recent content by nuclear

1. nuclear

FS: 97 Passat TDI Arlington, TX

I will be interested in this next month when I move If you still have it.
  2. nuclear

Repair shops for VW's in Houston - NOT DEALERS

Second this. Robby is the guy to go to. Houston is filled with scumbag mechanics that cannot hack it with domestic cars, let alone a TDI.
  3. nuclear

Jetti TDI Wagon or Asian car?

I'm sorry guys, but I'd take a new Hyundai Sonata or Elantra over the Jetta and Passat TDI respectively. Hyundai has the longest warranty in America, both of those Hyundai cars have direct injection and are blast to drive. The Elantra gets 40mpg highway and the Sonata isn't that far behind
  4. nuclear

Unfortunate Houston Mechanic Story

Under no condition should anyone take their TDI to a mechanic in the Houston area for beyond normal maintenance. It's a clear cut decision, there may be a few that could do some good work on a TDI..but they would likely be at a Toyota dealership. $7000 down the drain is just too much to risk.
  5. nuclear

Biodiesel in San Antonio, latest news?

I figured that was the case, if you see BioD in a TX LED county they would know the specs since the requirements are so detailed. Again 48 cetane is a min for bioD selling cheap 40 cetane diesel is much less of a headache and more profitable for about 99% of stations
  6. nuclear

Biodiesel in San Antonio, latest news?

So they don't know? what the hell? If you sell BioD blends in TX, it will fall under TxLed (low emission diesel) requirements as highway vehicle fuel. It's pretty descript on what is required. If they actually have a bioD blend and it's beyond 5% bio only certain formulations beyond that are...
  7. nuclear

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

I really doubt a modern powerstroke, duramax or cummins will have this sort of issue.
  8. nuclear

Nice looking '96 B4V - 119,000 Miles

the clusters were often switched out on these during warranty work, be weary of that
  9. nuclear

1996 Passat Wagon TDI Buffalo...found on craigslist

Clearly you haven't had the luxury of that experience. Although, most of the gremlins I've noticed have been initiated faulty mechanics not knowing what the heck they're doing.
  10. nuclear

Try contacting some, most retail pumps have reduced service, temporarily stopped or closed completely down. Although there is a resurgence with the renewed bio diesel tax credit, profitability being the main factor. There are a few counties without diesel emissions restriction from TCEQ and...
  11. nuclear

I know, they sell B100 which isn't considered an automotive fuel under NHTSA and TCEQ regulations. They had B99 before, but went to B100 to continue selling.
  12. nuclear

2000 Passat Wagon TDi 6spd for sale? Help me with this...

definitely looks like a PD, wondering if this also got a nice chain driven BSM.
  13. nuclear

2000 Passat Wagon TDi 6spd for sale? Help me with this...

ALH is an EPA approved engine up to 2003 correct? I'm under the interpretation that an EPA approved engine can put this into any vehicle model year up until the last year it was approved (exhaust system included) from an EPA approval standpoint. This is why you can put a TDI into an older...
  14. nuclear

If you have some comments that you are able to defend to the subject at hand, I don't think that justifies banning. Making blanket statements about regulation are about as useful as making blanket statements about a posters Avatar. it really doesn't mean much Being specific helps in your...
  15. nuclear

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and blame petro companies for this, even though I have extreme distaste for just about everything the stand for. D#2 generally needs more lubrication here in the states, but this diesel works just fine in many other diesel automobiles without...