Recent content by norbert77

1. norbert77

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Drill a tiny hole and squirt it a couple ounces of Krown
  2. norbert77

I never had good luck with those cutting tools, I always use wire. Book a small hole through, feed a wire through a steel wire made for that purpose and kind of pull back and forth like a saw
  3. norbert77

Oh yuck, lost low beams. Looks like I'm into the steering column switch. There was a write-up on myturbodiesel about the coolant migrating into the wiring but link is no good, what's involved?
  4. norbert77

Got most of the transmission seals replaced. The shifter shaft I took out but don't have one to put in, I accidentally ordered 2 input shaft seals... Then bought the clutch slider sleeve so none of those do a thing. But good news, I have a shiny differential flange now
  5. norbert77

Sachs SMF Flywheel Bolt Torque Spec

Old thread rehash, just did min and checked, seem to be 91-92 ft pounds
  6. norbert77

I had the Honda 60 paste, good stuff. I currently have some by loctite that goes on like antiseize almost, and the MSDS says 60-80% moly. No long-term use to report I just got it this past fall
  7. norbert77

Thank you sir
  8. norbert77

Hi guys quick question, should I put thread locker on the crankshaft bolts? As far as the clutch goes, what do you guys put on the pivot ball and the release bearing slider assembly? What have I done, is I painted my clutch release arm because it wasn't shiny enough. Cleaning the transmission...
  9. norbert77

Today was axle days. The bad axle was rusted inside. What a pain in the you know what to stretch the boots over the shaft. Gloss engine paint drying over a stove, and axle screwed to a table to help installation without scratching paint. Kind of helped
  10. norbert77

Like the black death in Mercedes sprinters?
  11. norbert77

No, most threads crush them very well. You're right though, I'm not crazy about injector washers I think they should be tightened, hit with a hammer and retightened
  12. norbert77

And this axle, not a click! The car was only parked because timing belt was way over what I deemed safe
  13. norbert77

Didn't make a noise...
  14. norbert77

That's the thing, I can get the outter for 200 but how much for a whole shaft? Seems noone carries it
  15. norbert77

Maybe. I got boots for the axle shafts, the driver side outer is seized up. Seriously, can't even move it... How did it not make a sound all this time. Looks like aftermarket anyways, where to get a good axle?