Recent content by ninedee_golf_tdi

1. N

Smoking Glow Plug Harness

I would guess the engine coolant temperature sensor is faulty keeping the plugs on as if the ambient temp is below zero.
  2. N

Stafford Virginia, anyone need a4/a5/b4 TDI work? Broken Glow Plug Removal too.

Wow, a whole year exactly since the last post. A lot has happened since then. I bought another few houses down south and have been running up and down 95 evading the radar traps to work on them. My trusted wrench fetcher Turbo is no longer part of my team, but he always will be. Sad story...
  3. N

FS: ALH Aluminum Thermostat Housing

I looked quite a while and only found a chineseum one. https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33001960287.html
  4. N

2002 ALH TDI Issues

Changing your location to a place other than gray might help if one of us is close enough to try to help you out a bit more.
  5. N

Did you check for voltage at each glow plug ? Check the glow plugs to see what variation there...

Did you check for voltage at each glow plug ? Check the glow plugs to see what variation there is in resistance between all 4 ? Check the gp fuse ? What condition is the harness in ?
  6. N

Hi, still have a set of mkiv glass headlight lenses ? Shipped down south to 22556 ? Thanks.

Hi, still have a set of mkiv glass headlight lenses ? Shipped down south to 22556 ? Thanks.
  7. N

intermediate shaft seal tore

Did you use the protective sleeve to prevent the seal from being damaged as it slid over the end of the shaft ?
  8. N

2002 golf accessory belt

A bad pulley might cause that. This might all be heat related, heat of the bearings that is. I would suspect either the tensioner roller or the plastic idler roller spit the grease out of itself. Post a pic of both ends of the belt.
  9. N

2002 golf accessory belt

The ps will never spin effortlessly if it has fluid in it, it is a pump after all. Something on the car locked up causing the belt to break. Unless the belt was a piece of junk to begin with and then who knows. How old is the belt ?
  10. N

Headliner Part

They didn't have the exact fabricate in stock, but used something pretty close in color that appears to be more durable and cleanable.
  11. N

Headliner Part

No Sunroof. But if I had to guess, it might have been between the two visors. I'm not sure if it will cause rattles if I don't take it back to have them put it back in.
  12. N

No sunroof. But if I had to guess, it went between the visors somewhere. I'm not sure taking...

No sunroof. But if I had to guess, it went between the visors somewhere. I'm not sure taking it back to have them install it is worth the trouble.
  13. N

Beaufort SC / Savannah Area ? Need a radiator fan installed for a friend

An elderly female friend has an 05 wagon that needs the large radiator fan installed. Anyone down there that can assist ? Not a charity, but it's not all that complicated either. I won't be able to get back down there for a month to do it myself. Thanks.