Recent content by Nicu1000rr

1. N

Inspecting ALH cam and lifter wear

Hello Frank! Thank you for your opinion! I have been reading topics on the internet regarding my question and a lot of people are taking about you as a very knwledgeable guy in tdi engines, therefore i was wondering how could i get your thoughts about my topic. I was not expecting to hear from...
  2. N

Off topic ! If they would be refusing clients based on considerations of location, or "newbness", or being a paying customer, would they be a serious company? I don't think it would be, but i am sure they do not have that kind of practice. On topic ! Your information was very helpful, so...
  3. N

I was not intendig to send it to US, though i bought from there a bunch of valve cover gaskets, that were not to be found in Europe. I found them at a very cheap price. I just want to gather information for fixing my car the right way, or to find out if it needs fixing. Just the same price you...
  4. N

On their site they explicitly say that they grind. They carry of their own but recommend to use the customer’s original one because the steel is stronger.
  5. N

Thank you for your time!
  6. N

Thank you for you answer! I plan to keep the car for at least a few years and it is due for a timing belt this summer. In case of changing it, which option should be better, new camshaft and lifters, or used ones from the same head in good condition?
  7. N

Thank you for your welcome and for the suggestions! I plan to keep the car. I have had it for eleven years now. Bought it at 186000 miles and put on it 150k myself. I already changed the lifters once 80k miles or so ago, because some if them were noisy. The new ones were not vert good quality...
  8. Alh camshaft

Alh camshaft

9. thumbnail (1).jpeg

thumbnail (1).jpeg

10. thumbnail (2).jpeg

thumbnail (2).jpeg

11. thumbnail (3).jpeg

thumbnail (3).jpeg

12. thumbnail (4).jpeg

thumbnail (4).jpeg

13. thumbnail (5).jpeg

thumbnail (5).jpeg

14. N

Hello guys! I installed a new camshaft cover gasket in my 340.000 mile ALH and want to ask for your opinion regarding the valve lobes health. Thank you!