Recent content by nicodarious

1. N

Finally did it. 50 mpg plus

That seems about right to me. I don't like to 'lug' the engine too much, unless it's flat or downhill grade that's not steep enough to hold the clutch in. I only said 1400 because that seems the best place for me to be at for plenty of torque for acceleration and also best cruising RPM for...
  2. N

Andy, where are you keeping the RPMs ate while shifting through the gears? I normally shift at about 2400, sometimes as high as 3000, but no higher unless needed. On the highway, I normally run on flat terrain at about 1500 to 2000 until I hit 6th, then just speed up from there, never letting...
  3. N

So here are the promised pictures. I decided to post ALL pics of all data concerning my display and mileage. They are taken the same day, within seconds of each other. Nothing has been modified besides the cropping of the photos and creating a large collage for a bit easier(?) viewing. Both...
  4. N

No More Buffalo, Mine is a 2010 Jetta TDI that now has about 22000 miles on the clock. Just had the 20000 mile service done on VW's dime. What surprised me was that right after the service, I was actually getting WORSE mileage! I am going to chalk it up to oil break-in period though. I'll...
  5. N

My journey from my tour in Germany In March, I was apart of a bit of a highway train from Atlanta, GA to Deer Lodge, TN (look 'that' one up on google maps!). It was my wife in her Golf 2.5L i-5 5-spd manual, a friend of ours that drove us down to ATL in his dodge minivan, and myself in my...