Recent content by NHdriver

1. N

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

The original tires from the factory, believe it or not, were Fulda bias ply! The tires have been changed twice, but the exhaust system is still original.
  2. N

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

240D 3.0 Euro Hope the picture comes out OK...Also in member's album NHdriver. This is a 1975 240D 3.0 Euro model with standard transmission (US 300D models were all automatic and had woodgrain dash, this has dash like 240D). It lived in Europe, garaged when not driven, from new until 2...
  3. N

Manchester VW is gone?

I went to Quirk Manchester fully prepared to buy a new Jetta TDI. The place was staffed with people who looked like they were all on work release from the local prison. We struck a deal, so I thought, and they demanded a check for the full price, even though I said there wasn't enough money in...
  4. 1975 Mercedes 240D 3.0

1975 Mercedes 240D 3.0

Euro 240D 3.0, 4-speed manual transmission
  5. N

Touareg V10!!

It's not all that bad I have a 2006 with just over 62K miles, and also a 2004 Passat with around 70K miles. The Passat has cost far more than the Treg to maintain, if you include the cost of the balance shaft chain-to-gear conversion. The original tires on the Treg lasted only 29K miles, but...
  6. N

Some TDI Friendly shops in NH

another suggestion I recommend Precision Imports in Manchester (183 Faltin Drive, Manchester NH 03103). Tel 603-624-1113 They are a Bosch service facility and one of their mechanics, Josh Weatherbee, used to work at a VW dealership. Josh performed the conversion of my balance shaft from...
  7. N

Boston Area TDI GTG

Thanks All, It was fun meeting you and seeing all the nice TDIs (and Mercedes too, of course). Hope to see you all again at another event. NHdriver (aka NHV10)
  8. N

Looking for Touareg TDi V10 changes from 2006-2008

FWIW, my 2006 Touareg has 63K miles and has never had brake work (the light just came on, so it must need them now). OEM tires lasted 29K miles but Nokian WR have 34k and plenty of tread left. My driving is mostly highway and rarely aggressive.
  9. N

Winter Tires and Wheels

Just started my second winter with 4 (studded) Nokians on my 04 Passat TDI. They performed flawlessly last winter in snow and on ice. As you might imagine, the studs are quite noisy.
  10. N

Bentley CD-ROM with 2.0l TDI-PD

Count me in as well (11).
  11. N

floor mats

I just picked up a set of monster mats (VW P/N ZVW-379-005-A) at the dealership this morning when I got the 15K mile service-- haven't put them in yet but they look cool!
  12. N

Transmission clunk

Thanks for the reply-- I'll get it checked out.
  13. N

Transmission clunk

This morning, after driving for an hour or so and parking the car for 20 minutes , I started the car, backed up and then shifted into drive. There was a shudder and a clunk during the first 20 feet of forward travel (I was in a driveway and moving very slowly--). For the next half mile or so...
  14. N

JD Power Customer Survey

I also got the survey and sent it back with generally high marks. At 6800 miles, my only warranty claim has been for a passenger-side sunvisor light that stayed on even with the mirror door closed. The dealer replaced the visor. Aside from that minor defect, the car has been great. NHDriver...
  15. N

test drive PD Passat...... why did it feel so dead

I just passed 6000 miles on my 04 Passat TDI. The only problem has been a short in the wiring for the passenger makeup light causing it to be on even with the mirror door closed and the visor up. NHDriver '73 Thing (Orange) '73 Thing (Yellow) '95 Cabrio '04 Passat