Recent content by NeXTstep guy

1. N

PetroCanada Duron UHP 5W-40 availability in BC?

Hi, I used to use Petro Canada Duron 5W40 API CI-4+ oil, from my local Petro Canada lubricants dealer. It now has been discontinued and the replacement oil is PetroCanada Duron UHP 5W-40, an CK-4 oil. Does anyone know where I can buy in in 4L jugs in BC? (I have a 2003 Jetta with an ALH...
  2. N

Key problems

Hello, i'd appreciate a couple of suggestions for my problem. My key buttons does not wirelessly lock / unlock / unlock my trunk, even after I replace the battery. What gives? This morning, I unlocked my car by pushing the unlock button on my key. I put the key in, and drive to work. I put...
  3. N

help! 2004 Jetta ALH won't start.

My 2003 Jetta TDI won't start. It's at the local CanadianTire right now and I'd appreciate some TDI guru advice... My wife drove the car twice yesterday and it was fine. The third time, it wouldn't start, there were cranking sounds, but no starting. We checked the anti-shudder valve and that...
  4. N

Recommended body shop in Vancouver, BC?

I'm looking for a recommended body shop in Vancouver, BC to look at my 2003 Jetta. Any recommendations? I called Rudy and Peter Motors and they recommended a body shop. VW Petrolo and he had a similar response. My wife managed to hook my front bumper cover on a parking curb-thing. It...
  5. N

WTB:15" Steel OEM rims for A4

Hi, I have a 2003 Jetta A4 and wanted to buy 4 15" OEM steelies, VW Part #1J0601027AB03C. I am in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The plan is to buy some nice winter tires to go with them....
  6. N

fuse for trunk light?

fuse for trunk light? <solved!!> Does anyone know which fuse controls/(is part of) the trunk light? It is also known as the "luggage compartment light". My Bentley says it is fuse #38 on my 2003 Jetta. When I pull it, the trunk light stays on. (I'm trying to wire up my new LED trunk strip...
  7. N

expensive problems at dealer! Help!

Wow. So I bring my 2003 Jetta TDI automatic (~85,000 km on odometer) to my dealer to check out a fuel leak, to check the ATF level on my transmission and other little stuff. 1) About the leak: I am seeing pooling of a liquid in crevices directly under my fuel injection pump. It looks a lot...
  8. N

G12 coolant & refractometer: where to sample?

Hi, I did a search and nothing useable came up (or the link was broken). So I lost a lot of coolant. Some water, some distilled water and some straight coolant was added. Now my coolant concentration is unknown. I have borrowed a refractometer. My Bentley says I should take a sample and put...
  9. N

coolant leak after temp sensor change

So I changed my coolant temp sensor and now have a small coolant leak at the sensor. The old black sensor was changed with a new green coolant sensor. So I have a bunch of questions about seating the o-ring and the black retaining clip. 1) How does the black retaining clip hold the sensor in...
  10. N

WTB: 4 OEM Steel Rims 195/65-15, Vancouver, BC

I'm looking for for OEM steel rims (for snow tires) Got any? RWW
  11. N

2004 Jetta PD:warranty expiring soon

Hi, My sister has a 2004 Jetta with the PD engine. Her warranty is expiring soon. Is there anything she should bring it in to check up / fix? I brought my 2003 Jetta (non PD) near the end and they cleaned my clogged intake for free. That was handy! RWW
  12. N

Canadian convoy to Lk Stevens?

I thought I read this in another thread, but I can't find it right now.... Who's a Canadian and going to the Lake Stevens GTG? Are you planning to drive down together? I'm interested. RWW
  13. N

Where to buy ATE Super Blue in Vancouver?

Is there a Canadian place where I can buy ATE Super Blue brake fluid? I'm hoping for someplace local. www.precisiontuning.ca sells it, but they are located in Toronto. I was hoping for someplace near/in Vancouver. My local Lordco and UAP wasn't helpful. RWW
  14. N

dead battery on remote?

My remote will not unlock the car. The locking button on the remote works. The unlocking the trunk on the remote works as well. For some reason, the unlock button doesn't work. I checked the battery voltage on the remote. It says 3.0/2.99 volts. This is when there is no load on the...
  15. N

Correct antenna adapter for 2003 Jetta (nonmonsoon

I've got a 2003 Jetta with a double din deck. It's definitely not a monsoon setup. What's the correct antenna adapter required if I wanted to hook up an Alpine CDA-9813 deck? My local installer first tried with a Scosche VWA3B antenna adapter, but I have no AM reception. Is it safe to assume...