Recent content by new2diesel

1. new2diesel

2nd Annual GrowlerTDI GTG. 6/29/2013

Parts for sale.. We shall be there with bells on. Also I will have some NIB '05 Passat parts for sale cheap as we no longer have that vehicle. Wife decided she needed a mini van. That being said I have some front rotors and various other things that I have to dig our of the garage from the...
  2. new2diesel

Columbus, OH Third Friday GTG - Not at Cici's this month

OK thanks for clearing that up.. I didn't even look at the date.. See you there..
  3. new2diesel

Columbus, OH Third Friday GTG - Not at Cici's this month

I'll be there. Will you accept a new arrival from Michigan? It seems that Whitbred and I have traded states. Wonder who go the better end of that deal?
  4. new2diesel

Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

Penciled on the calendar! Waiting to use the sharpie.
  5. new2diesel

'10 JSW with 17k going into Limp Mode

The Dealership is fairly big servicing lots of imports. MyAutoImports in Muskegon. I have access to VCDS, but not the car, the dealership has it for now.. Can post the codes provided the dealership hasn't cleared them when all the piecesget together.. Stay tuned! \/\/
  6. new2diesel

'10 JSW with 17k going into Limp Mode

A friend at work has had quite a bit of trouble with her JSW. The latest problem has been that the turbo would not kick in on her way to work this past week. The Mechanic that she took it to at the dealership had never heard of limp mode. I've been searching but can't seem to find anything on...
  7. new2diesel

Mid Michigan GTG -- Saturday, July 16th

We'll be there! Would like to request advice on selling the sedan. Just need a larger car (ugh.. minivan) for the family, they grow so quick. I'd like to have the Wagon chipped and diagnose a rattle at idle. MOGolf, you coming? BTW it will be Brenna's "29th" Birthday. Cake will be provided so...
  8. new2diesel

Michigan TDI owners GTG's...tech days

Lots of People Around. Mark, Welcome to the club! There are lots of us around the GR area. I'll let the others introduce themselves, but there are some knowledgeable people in the area. I am unfortunately not one of the most experienced. Look for the Fowlerville GTG which as of the last 2 years...
  9. new2diesel

Mid Michigan GTG -- Saturday, July 10th

Was too tired to drive home after supervising suspension and doing the injectors, The wife took over those duties. I will says that the ride feels much better and safer.. Thanks Eric! I don't know about the power yet but that report will be in soon. Thanks Frank! If I could have I would have...
  10. new2diesel

Well this has been relegated to be a social only / pick up parts GTG for me. I have been having some back issues recently and the doc says no to any work until he figures out exactly what it is.. I do plan to have the injectors looked at, but will have to wait on the suspension overhaul. Unless...
  11. new2diesel

Will there be a spot in the shade for doing shocks and struts all the way 'round? maybe even ball joints since I have them. Guess I will have to get there early for a good spot:) Also will anyone have a spreader tool I can borrow? or should I buy one from Peter? See you there! \/\/
  12. new2diesel

Anyone have the Metalnerd Serrated Alternator Pully removal tools? I am wiling to buy them, but if someone has it to rent/ lend/ borrow, I would rather do that. So far the work that I am looking to do is: Passat Alternator Pulley replacement. Diesel Purge both cars.. Passenger Door switch fix...
  13. new2diesel

Growler, If you are going to have the Diesel Douche Device on hand, I'd like to borrow it twice. Have 2 cars that have never been cleaned that way.. Also, have you talked to Glenn? Is he planning on coming? The wife has started seeing the alternator pulley issue come up. It hasn't happened in...
  14. new2diesel

Well, by that time most of my work will probably be already done. But we will attend. Wife's birthday will be the following week so cake might be in order. See you all there.. If I can get the budget worked out, I would like to get the injectors checked out on the sedan. Wife says she doesn't...
  15. new2diesel

'06 Jetta - W. Michigan door locks

Well, I think he will have to live with it for a while.. He's going on a road trip on tuesday so he may have to wait.. Thanks MOD!. '/'/