Recent content by Nevada_TDI

1. N

Burpod Tuning

I am glad to hear all the positive things said about @burpod, I too was running a "Stage 3" tune that I thought ran pretty well for a decade by someone else. The minute I loaded my first @burpod tune, I would have sworn there was a new, better, engine under the hood.
  2. N

hard cold start after injection pump rebuild (EuroVan TDI (AHU) conversion)

I have done business with DFIS, Portland for many years, and have never had a bad experience. Mark knows VW TDI injection pumps and can walk you through many problems on the phone.
  3. N

TOP SPEED 72 MPH???

The VCDS HEX-V2 will be the correct one for you, unless you want to test more than 3 vehicles.
  4. N

TOP SPEED 72 MPH???

If I were you I would get Vag-Com to what is really going on. It is too easy to throw parts at something while guessing.
  5. N

Fix/replace ALH Turbo

I realize his page has not been updated in 8 years, but I bought parts for the prices posted 4 years ago If anything is worn an needs replacing he will do that for a Used turbo. A rebuilt has a New CHRA in an old manifold, but maybe I already said that. It would be in your favor to contact...
  6. N

Fix/replace ALH Turbo

You might try Dutch auto parts.com they have used and rebuilt VNT-15's. Their "used" turbo have any wear parts replaced and they are high speed balanced. $275.00 Their rebuilt turbos, have new CHRA's in used manifolds. $450.00 Here is their link...
  7. N

Is it worth it?

To the OP, I am really sorry you have been scrutinized so heavily. The AI bots too often sound like real people, so everyone is hyper-vigilant to prevent scams and spams. When I joined this forum, everyone was super helpful and very nice to me albeit 10 plus years ago. I (we) hope you do not...
  8. N

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Has anybody ever tried to use "Aluma Seal" to fix a heater core leak? Every time I use the heat I get covered in powder and the stink is awful. I recently had back surgery and cannot do the contortion needed to remove the heater core myself. Suggestions?
  9. N

Injectors?

@Franko6 is the guy to contact if you need head and/or injector nozzle work. After also dealing with other vendors in the past, IMHO: Don't. PM me if you have questions.
  10. N

TDI Injectors replacement

Contact @Franko6. I have had injectors rebuilt/upgraded by all three of our "regular" vendors, and the difference between Franko6 and the others was/is night and day.
  11. N

MK4 ALH 5-speed quest/ownership

Is the plug in your number three injector? Is it rectangular or is it sort of D shaped?
  12. N

BEW, Which Turbo (VNT17, Hybrid, or GT) and Clutch (Daily or Endurance, Dual Mass?)

@burpod is right, vnt17 hybrids can be a good choice, but they can be limiting and can be a bit of a pain to dial in. I know I have a vnt15 with a 56mm compressor wheel and making boost has never been an issue. I live @4600' elevation and I never run more than 24 PSI boost at Sea Level or at...
  13. N

BEW, Which Turbo (VNT17, Hybrid, or GT) and Clutch (Daily or Endurance, Dual Mass?)

@burpod is right, vnt17 hybrids can be a good choice, but they can be limiting and can be a bit of a pain to dial in. I know I have a vnt15 with a 56mm compressor wheel and making boost has never been an issue. I live @4600' elevation and I never run more than 24 PSI boost at Sea Level or at...
  14. N

The Vanity Plate Thread

"For soots sake?"
  15. N

Leaky vacuum pump fix

If the problem isn't just the nipple, IIRC, a 72.5mm x 0.5mm O-ring should fix the seal inside. I have repaired two in the past this way.