Recent content by Nero Morg

1. Nero Morg

Plug at bottom of intake hose?

No, there shouldn't be a hole there.
  2. Nero Morg

How to evaluate different tunes? Kerma, Malone?

IndigoBlueWagon is one of them, I can't remember who else off hand.
  3. Nero Morg

///// Best Glow Plugs ? /////

///// Bosch ! /////
  4. Nero Morg

Jack and jackstands....where to jack to get the vehicle up highest off the ground?

The part you shared is the A arm. You don't want to lift it by that as it might bend. The K member is right smack in the middle. K member, Subframe, all the same thing just different names. https://www.ebay.com/itm/115154103270
  5. Nero Morg

What did you do to your MKIV today?

He's hosted his own mini get together's before. He hosted one in I think August, I couldn't make that one though due to prior engagements
  6. Nero Morg

All good, hopefully we have a Tdiclub gtg sometime, I definitely would try to go
  7. Nero Morg

I didn't know you were here yet! Bum not telling us he was here now.... Hahaha
  8. Nero Morg

Always wet under door!

So this has been an ongoing issue since I got my car, the silver panel that's under the door... It's always wet! And it's just the drivers door, even if it hasn't rained in a few days... The first time I noticed it, I checked the lowest rubber seal, and found the door drains were plugged so I...
  9. 20220518_175906.jpg

20220518_175906.jpg

10. Nero Morg

Rebuild the whole engine or just refurbish the head?

ARP makes head studs for the ALH, you'll want to use those. Always a good addition to prevent the issue you're currently having. I would rebuild the head and keep running it. The bottom end, so long as the hone marks are good and you don't have a bent connecting rod, are usually fine. Keep in...
  11. Nero Morg

I use the Milwaukee 1/2 impact to take out head bolts on 15 liter engines, that are torqued to 300ftlbs plus 90 over. Tool doesn't kid around.
  12. Nero Morg

Funky jetta

Good place to start.... https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/code-p0252-with-limp-mode-on-2003-tdi-help.272244/ Apparently you have something going on with your pump. Whether it's mechanical timing, electronic control malfunction, or mechanical malfunction... You need to get at least...
  13. Nero Morg

Noise from ALH injection pump - replacement questions

Take the serpentine belt off, see if you still have the noise. If you do, it's either the pump, or something driven by the timing belt. Idlers, tensioner, water pump....
  14. Nero Morg

Jack and jackstands....where to jack to get the vehicle up highest off the ground?

Subframe K member and rear axle has always worked for me.
  15. Nero Morg

What did you do to your Audi TDI today?

Are you modded at all? Here in OR we have the same type of inspection, just an OBD2 scan and check for readiness and no codes present.