Recent content by Nerdkiller

1. N

Cooling system upgrade

I want to install a GTD1752VRK turbo into my 1998 Vw beetle, they are telling me I need to upgrade the cooling system, but they never say what to do. Does anyone here know what to upgrade? I am thinking the Intercooler.
  2. N

2011 Jetta sports wagon electrical problems

Thank you for the replies! I did not change the battery cable positions. I only removed the positive battery cable. I then charged the battery as it set in the car.
  3. N

I only charged up the battery. I removed the positive battery cable and then changed the battery. The technician at the dealership was supposed to pair my car to a new key fob that I purchased from them as a spare. I drove the car home from the dealership. I went straight home during the day...
  4. N

I have a 2011 Jetta sports wagon. I took the car to a dealership to get a new key remote paired with my car. I came straight home during the day after the dealership. My car’s battery was dead, î recharged the battery and the lights will not turn off and nothing is working electrically in the...
  5. N

2006 DSG good or bad?

How does everyone feel about the 2006 DSG automatic transmission?
  6. N

Where to buy parts from transmission repair

Thank you! I am surprised I did not find this myself. I searched just within the MK4 forum.
  7. N

I have already searched TDICLUB several times. I was asking if anyone already knew that a write up did exist. Manual transmissions rarely have problems so there is not a lot of information available.
  8. N

Thank you! I appreciate the information. The end of the cable where it connects to the manual transmission is broken, I cannot find a replacement cable for sale. Is there a write up on the tdiclub on this transmission shift swap?
  9. N

What years and models will work? I have heard there is a write up on how to do this, but I have not seen it.
  10. N

I have a 1998 beetle tdi 5 speed. One of my shift cables that changes gears on my manual transmission is broken. Does anyone know where to buy a 1j0711265b?
  11. N

Save yourselves pain

You are extremely lucky!!! You should buy a lottery ticket!!! I agree with what you say, mechanics are charging 200 dollars per hour because the are “experts”. Experts in robbing people. The situation is sad. OBDII ports make fixing cars easy. The problem is the mechanics are to dumb to use...
  12. N

Save yourselves pain

There is no debate! If you want to save yourself huge amounts of financial and mental pain do your own work on your car!!! This cannot be emphasized enough. I purchased a TDI Jetta brand new in 1998. I performed all the maintenance myself and I was accustomed to smooth sailing for 20 years...
  13. N

Low fuel economy in Utah

I am looking for a mechanic shop or individual that lives along the Wasatch front in Utah that can diagnose my low fuel on my alh tdi. I am willing to pay of course. I would like to get whatever fixed before it causes other problems.