Recent content by NeedyTouareg

1. N

Unfixable 2010 TDI Touareg

Thanks for that. I think somehow I caused enough stir along with the fact I can't be the only person having experiences like this that MAYBE, just maybe something will be done.
  2. N

And now, a HUUUUUGE UPDATE After forcing the issue quite a bit about a buyback, my car was finally transferred to another dealer on Jan 20th. By the 22nd, this new service department had discovered an intercooler hose that wasn't even close to properly connected. After attempting to do it...
  3. N

That's some interesting points. This paperwork is full of ambiguity in my case, it seems like. I like that "conflicts shall be resolved in favor of the Consumer" talk though haha. That last sentence is a big reason why I'm interested in a buyback. How much can I really trust this car when I...
  4. N

Like I've said before, I'm just not that kind of person lol. I love cars, I don't mind driving a "POS" for a few days and I'm way too easy going to make a thing out of it. But after 5 months... haha. The store is TINY so I have an Enterprise rental, they didn't even have a loaner car to give...
  5. N

I must admit I am exhausted from this whole situation so if I've come across as rude or anything, my b! To clear up some of this, this IS my 2nd rental. My first was a convertible mustang, I'm not sure if I've gotten into the whole story here. But this is my "comparable" SUV. No one claimed...
  6. N

Also have to mention, at what point is it no longer okay? At what point do you say I PURCHASED AND PAY INSURANCE ON AN AWD, LUXURY, DIESEL SUV AND INSTEAD I AM DRIVING A BASE MODEL RAV 4. Is 5 months too long? Is 7 months? What about 12 months? Is that okay? 24 months? At what point is it...
  7. N

The value of the buyback is outlined in the settlement paperwork. "The VW 3L Settlement Notice" defines an eligible owner as: 5. I bought my vehicle after September 18, 2015. Am I a Class Member? If you acquired an Eligible Vehicle after September 18, 2015 and still own it, you are a Class...
  8. N

I actually have the hard copy of that book! For the CPO bit, I've searched the documents up and down, no mention of ANYTHING about CPO, in fact the only time the word "certified" is used in the FTC documents is in the context of "certified emissions modification/repair". I'm not sure if...
  9. N

Yep you're right. No one knows *** is going on w the car. I remember back in early November when a Turbo was gonna fix everything. It didn't get installed til early-Mid December but when it did the original ENGINE FAULT WORKSHOP code came back. As far as a Buyback, the more I push with the...
  10. N

I'm definitely not taking a trade allowance. I was told it's 13% so from my understanding that would be less than $1000. Trade in on a 2010 Touareg is nothing, add 13% of nothing and... As far as the loaner, you're kind of right, and I try to keep that attitude (been in it 4 months or 1/3rd...
  11. N

"Thank you for speaking with me today on your case. After speaking with you I wanted to send you the language from the settlement. The language from the relevant provision in Appendix A, paragraph 9.2 is below. Defendants must reoffer and provide a Buyback or Lease Termination to any Eligible...
  12. N

I believe it is the same tech, I KNOW it's the same advisor. She did explain why they didn't catch it and it's completely understandable, I feel bad for even making a thing of it, but it really just isn't okay at this point in the game. Wednesday marks 5 months they've had my car. As far as...
  13. N

They are fiddling with glow plugs. They were waiting 2 days on ANOTHER glow plug connector for cylinder 5. Didn't change anything. QTM told the tech to check continuity between ECM and GP Comnectors. That lead them to ask me, "hey this ecm looks awfully shiny and the retaining bolts are...
  14. N

So I'm being told NO because my car wasn't a CPO. Nowhere in the paperwork does it say only CPOs are eligible. Now I'm being told I'm not an eligible owner under the 18months/18000 miles because that offer was only extended to owners at the time of the settlement. I see no language that says...
  15. N

Finally got ahold of the RCM Supervisor. He said the CR&R department had now reached a decision, NO BUYBACK but they would offer me some "trade-in credit " if I wanted to trade it in lol. Thanks to the info you guys have provided and pointed me to I was able to quote from the legal paperwork...