Recent content by nectarguru

1. N

Losing oil, no visible leaks

147k on the clock. Just before my past two oil changes my Check Oil warning popped up. I made a note to the dealer to check for leaks, which they found none. It's only been a few thousand miles since my last oil change but just yesterday my oil light came on again. On a cold engine my levels are...
  2. N

Did I buy the correct battery?

Out of curiosity, how did you know you needed to clear the codes? Was the CEL on?
  3. N

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

About 145k, drove it off the lot in 2015 with 8 miles on the clock. I've mostly done routine maintenance, nothing major to report (knock on wood). Timing belt done at 120k. Had a radiator issue early on which was a warranty fix. Had to fix a ball joint at 110ish. Just replaced the stock battery...
  4. N

It actually went off after about 5-6 starts, but just in case I'm going to have Autozone scan it when I return the old battery. I'm used to the days when you'd just slap a new battery in it and go. Now there are beeps and flashing lights that make it seem like the car will explode in 10 seconds.
  5. N

I’ve changed my battery and the car starts and runs great, but now my check engine light is on...?
  6. N

Disregard the battery question. I’ll be using this one. I am wondering though about resetting the computer. Will this be necessary?
  7. N

My stock battery finally died after 6 years and 145k miles. I picked up this Duralast Gold at Autozone, which says it's compatible with the 2015. I noticed that it's longer than the stock battery though, and of course the battery cover won't fit around the new battery. Before I install it, can...
  8. N

Air bubbles from fuel filter housing

Thanks. I just double checked it after letting it sit for an hour and didn't notice any new fuel collecting in the gap, so I bet the bubbles were from fuel and air being pushed out when I reassembled the housing.
  9. N

Air bubbles from fuel filter housing

I just changed my fuel filter, and when I reassembled the top plate and tightened the screws I noticed a few air bubbles popping out of from a spot on the side of the housing. I thought it was just some air being worked out of the seal from the reassembly, but when I double checked my tightness...
  10. N

License plate bulbs

I'm trying to figure out which bulbs to use for my license plate, but I can't find anything from Walmart or Autozone that matches the markings on the stock bulb. Can anyone recommend a compatible bulb for me that doesn't involve the parts department at the dealer? For the record, the stock...
  11. N

WTB: 2015 MK7 17" Wheel CHI/MILWAUKEE

I'm looking for a factory wheel replacement for a 2015 MK7 17" in Milwaukee or Chicago, or anywhere in between. Tire on or off, no matter. Let me know what you have!
  12. N

17" wheel replacement

According to my local shop I have a bent wheel causing a lot of vibration. Instead of them sending the wheel off to possibly have it straightened, I would rather just try to find a direct replacement. Are there any good resources out there for factory refurbs? What should I be looking to spend?
  13. N

Confused about timing belt interval

There really is no excuse for giving the customer a confusing or poorly written maintenance schedule. Not every TDI owner understands the importance of changing the timing belt. Simply writing "The recommended timing belt replacement interval is 130k miles; however, it is also recommended that...
  14. N

Thanks for the info. Jason in Madison actually did my Mk4 belt before I got rid of it. He’s the best. Might be impractical to make the trip now for my Mk7 though. If 130k is the expected life and 120k is a safe interval, I’ll go with that. I’ve got an oil change coming up this week so I’ll ask...
  15. N

So is 120k a good not too early/not too late interval? As for cost, the advisor I spoke with told me that it’s $800+ for the belt and tensioner and an additional $200-300 for the water pump if they deem it needs to be changed. Also, I ordered my car and drove it off the lot in 2015 with 8...