Recent content by Nathan_og

1. N

Official Ontario stuff for sale thread

ALH AND PD PARTS have a couple things for sale from a alh and Bhw engine 2 alh injection pumps, good working Condition alh turbo, vanes slightly sticky and fins scraped, no shaft play or oil blow by when in use set of continental winter tires on steel rims for A 2005 passat, tires great...
  2. N

Noise after head swap

Well the rocker shaft ended up snapping in half, shop suspect I may have over tightened it but got them swapped out and the car drives much better and sounds good. The only issue which is same as before is it intermittently goes into limp mode for underboost. It only happens around 2 to 3k rpm...
  3. N

Noise after head swap

Will do just have to order new bolts, I am driving the car and it drives decent, the noise is not as loud or noticeable now especially when it’s warmed up but it’s definitely there. The squeak noise is gone just a clatter or what sounds like injector knock type of noise
  4. N

Noise after head swap

Ok cyl 3 iq climbed to 2.99 so it’s way out. Also sounds to be a high pitch squeak coming from cyl 3 under the valve cover. inejctors we’re re sealed and I lubed The o rings going back in, they went in smoothly and I give them a push from up top. Made they were square in there bore and torqued...
  5. N

Noise after head swap

Cyl 3 iq is climbing to 2.94
  6. N

Noise after head swap

Cyl 3 iq is at 2.70 while cyl 1 is -0.73 same for cyl 2 and cyl 4 is -1.20
  7. N

Noise after head swap

F For block 23, cylinder 3 solenoid if at about 4 while the rest or at 1
  8. N

Noise after head swap

Torsion value is at 4.9, I’m going to adjust it. there is a louder chirping sound coming from under the valve cover, I sprayed the belts down with soapy water and it made no diffrence. It almsot sounds like an injector firing with air in it but it doesn’t go away.
  9. N

Noise after head swap

Hello I just swapped the cylinder head on my Bhw motor after the timing belt slipped. followed the steps down to a tee. Replaced every single nut bolt and washer. Also had the injectors resealed at a diesel injection shop. Now there is a tapping/knocking noise coming from the engine, sounds...
  10. N

Bhw died, crank no start

Ok I got the engine back together and timed, torsion value is at 1.5 can’t Remeber if it was plus or minus. the engine starts right up but has a noticeable knock almost sounds like a bad injector or cam. I’m wondering if this could possible be from not setting the injector heights correctly? I...
  11. N

Transmission cooler lines

It’s for a b5 Passat Tdi I also have. I got a part number and it looks to be the power steering cooler lines I believe
  12. N

It’s the metal portion that got damaged in front of the radiator. I’m wondering if I could remove it because I see it looks like it’s clamped to the rubber lines and maybe replace it with something similar that’s rubber?
  13. N

I kinked and bent my transmission cooler lines when I had the car in service mode. does anyone know the part number for the cooler lines or where I can get them? And if it’s ok to possibly temporarily drive with1 line kinked? Thanks
  14. N

Bhw died, crank no start

Well I got the timing belt on. Cam at tdc cyl1, crank locked at tdc cyl1 with the arrows aligned on the tool. Cam lock pin goes in fully. Did the timing belt and torqued everything down, verified crank was still correct and pin goes in and out. When I went to the turn the engine over it locks up...
  15. N

Bhw died, crank no start

I have this amc cam here I just wanna make sure it’s the correct cam. It’s stamped 3..145 15503 does anyone know of this is correct? Thanks