Recent content by nasTTcar

1. N

HowTo: RNS-510 Installation + Coding ('09 Jetta)

3 VW techs cannot find compass module in my 2012 JSW with pano roof. Any other spots it could be located?
  2. N

Location of compass module in Jetta SportWagen (Please help!)

2 VW techs from 2 dealerships, plus me, cannot find the compass module in my 2012 JSW with pano roof.
  3. N

mkv overhead console removal

Please Repost with Pictures Please repost with pictures again. Thanks
  4. N

FS: Complete Part Out of mkV 2006 Jetta TDI

I would like the tranny. Need one right now for my 2006 Jetta TDI.
  5. N

Jetta stutters slightly under load...

If I hit a pretty steep incline I can feel a slight stutter, almost like a misfire on a gas engine. It also happens if I accelerate a little harder than normal. Is this an engine issue or a DSG transmission problem. Car is a 2006 TDI with DSG tranny. 199K miles.
  6. N

A/C Problems

When you talk about air control, are you talking about the little wheel underneath the vent or something else? RossTech emailed me back and said I need a new cable that reads the CAN data. My Hex-USB cable will not do that. Which little valve are you talking about and where is it located...
  7. N

A/C Problems

I have on 05.5 Jetta with 175K. Last summer the A/C would only come on after about 5 or 10 minutes and blow very cold. This year as the weather has warmed up, I found the A/C does not come on at all, AND, there is no air coming out the center vents. Even on fan mode, no air comes out the...
  8. N

Cannot Get VagCom to See HVAC and Other Stuff

My A/C is not working and I am trying to see what is going on using VagCom. I am running the latest version of VagCom and have an HEX-USB cable from RossTech. My Jetta is an 05.5 which makes it a MK V. However if I pick that Jetta model for an autoscan it scans only the engine and trany...
  9. N

Camshaft Failure

I typed camshaft and got nothing in the search
  10. N

Camshaft Failure

2006 TDI with 145K on it and my camshaft, valve lifters, bearing, and timing belt are all being replaced due to a failure in whatever controls the camshaft. Car started making a clicking sound after a couple weeks of strange groaning sounds upon stopping and driving slow. This all follows a...
  11. N

2006 Jetta Stumbles on Acceleration and Hills

My Jetta has been a great TDI. It has 135K on it and I drove 90 miles daily. Over the last 5K the car now stumbles and hesitates a bit when I accelerate more than just lightly. It happens in any gear. While it use to eat big hills with delight, now it is having a hard time getting up the...
  12. N

Post Treg Pictures - Looking for Cranberry and Sapphire

Having had grey, black, silver, green Audis and VW's since 99 my wife would like a different color. These are Cranberry and Sapphire. No offense to those with white, but she had a white SHO one time and swore to never have another white car. Go figure. Thanks in advance.
  13. N

Suddenly only 38mpg on the highway

What is power service silver?
  14. N

Suddenly only 38mpg on the highway

I have a daily drive of about 45 miles on mostly 55 mph roads. I have driven this for the past 18 months and now have 67K on my 06 Jetta TDI. I use to religiously get 42mpg. I had to put new tires on the car but replaced them with the same OEM tires. Even if I baby the car and try all...