Recent content by narendra.k

1. N

ALH TDI engine transplant into '84 Vanagon

Hi Andy, Nice to see you upgrading few important parts. My cents on the new exhaust system. Since you have a flexible pipe,these pipes can be rubber mounted on to the vans body. Take my word, It’s a fit & forget Job. No vibration transmitted to the Body.
  2. N

Hi, andy Glad to see van in drivable condition. I liked the back lid idiea. wooden blocks will help in storing small things like tools. Starting of the engine, I to face the same problem. Engine hot late starting. what is milage have you done, any engine vibration.
  3. N

Oil pan means Crank case to us. Any way he was removing it, so I suggested it. no humor in it
  4. N

(I need to pull the oil pan......... it leaks a little on the top side at the block. As I think I stated previously, probably didn't put on enough glue) HI, Andy Just the glue alone will not help. Please remove the crank case place it inverted on a glass plate.(use of glass for even...
  5. N

Is the engine running advance with OE setup. Are you going to adjust IP. Advance mode, knocking sound should be more.
  6. N

Don’t you think this setup (breather pipe to tail pipe),will affect emission norms.
  7. N

Where does other end of the breather valve (CCV puck) conected to. Is it conected to air filter inlet, thanks for sharing .
  8. N

One small observation , regarding the tail pipe placing it side, Will it not affect the car next to you in traffic. What kind of air filter are you using. Is it OE from the donner.
  9. lid_5

lid_5

10. lid_4

lid_4

11. lid_3

lid_3

12. N

Here are the pics of the lid. hook for the lid. Underside of the altered box. Brakets used are from small car hood.(above) Please count the ribs from the left for cutting the hole on the lid.(above) Note the measurements on the tape for reference. Hook on the right.
  13. lid_2

lid_2

14. back lid  van

back lid van

lid altered for ALH
  15. lid_1

lid_1