Recent content by MyTDIRocks

1. M

Fuel pump problem on 2012 Jetta TDI's & warranty

OK, thank you both for that information!
  2. M

Fuel pump problem on 2012 Jetta TDI's & warranty

I'm not savvy with car maintenance in general, hence my question. Let's say I buy a 2012 Jetta TDI (a BB that's back on the market) and I get the extended warranty of 54,000 miles (or 4yrs 6mos). I know that the 2012's have problems with the fuel pump failing/going bad as it gets closer to 90K...
  3. M

Would you buy a TDI from out of state un-seen?

Funny, I've been looking on Carvana on and off for months and my search always came up empty (no cars matching my search). I might have to keep trying. I like the idea of the return policy with full refund. Do they refund the shipping cost too? :D (wouldn't that be nice :rolleyes: )
  4. M

Thanks everybody for your input and suggestions! Most of these cars I'm finding are 900+ miles away. Flying out there and driving back is not an option unfortunately (believe me, if I could, I would). eddieleephd: Love your idea of finding an expert in the area and paying them to check the...
  5. M

I turned in my beloved 2012 Jetta TDI SEL 6sp a couple of weeks ago and I've been looking steadily online since August for a 2015 TDI SEL 6sp (also Jetta) but I can't find any near me with specs I'm looking for. Those I find are all 900+ miles away. I don't have deep pockets so paying $16-$17K...
  6. M

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

Turned in my 2012 TDI SEL on Dec 7th. My heart was breaking, literally. It was a GREAT car - a unicorn. Ran like it was brand new.... but the buyback deal was just too good to pass up :( Got back what I paid for it brand new. The money was deposited into my account a few days later, waiting for...
  7. M

2015 Jetta TDI SEL ADBLUE line leak

I've been scouring all over the place for 2015 SEL's (MT) since July (2018) and I've yet to find any under 16K. Maybe because I'm looking for 6-sp and under 25K miles but still.... if I could find one for 14K, I'd be all over it!
  8. M

Buyback Lessons Learned

Well, I'm a little late in answering but I'm in the Boston area and I scheduled my BB for Dec 7th. The dealer had plenty of openings when I picked the date online in late Oct. I wanted to wait until the very end of Dec to turn it in (and I could have picked a later date) but I was afraid that if...
  9. M

Wanted: 2015 Jetta SEL manual 6sp

Hmm... I went and looked and didn't see anything - although I find the price a bit high. I don't have a FB account so maybe I can't see it?
  10. M

Wanted: 2015 Jetta SEL manual 6sp

This might be a long shot but... I'm looking for a 2015 Jetta (sedan) SEL (Premium) with manual transmission with 20,000 miles or less (ideally) Prefer White/Black or Black/Black. I've been looking online but as soon as I find one, it's gone shortly after. Thx!
  11. M

Paralyzed and Agonizing: Buyback vs Fix 2013 TDI JSW

Yes, there are but there are less than a handful in the country that have the premium pkg (sunroof, navigation, etc...) all features I currently have on my car AND low miles. I won't "downgrade" and I won't buy a used car without test driving it and giving it a thorough examination - so it has...
  12. M

Thanks for the link - I've narrowed down the exact model I'd want in a 2015. There aren't many out there.. but I've got a few months to find one :)
  13. M

Hmm... that sounds like an interesting prospect. I looked online a week ago and didn't see this car listed anywhere (in fact, I saw only 1 Jetta TDI in the entire country) - did you find out about it by going directly to the dealer? I enjoyed the debate between you guys about the buyback vs...
  14. M

11-yr/162,000 mile warranty clarification needed

OK, I guess I'll have to find out exactly what the extended warranty on the 2012's is. Thanks!
  15. M

The Epic Saga of a Rare Bird

Wow - you must've had bad karma and bought a lemon. My 2012 Jetta TDI has had no issues whatsoever in the last 6 yrs. Only thing I've had done is new brakes and tires. That's it. Sorry to hear of all your troubles!