Recent content by mycruiseagent

1. mycruiseagent

Parts Blow Out! Everything Must Go!

Converter and plate arrived yesterday ... thanks Chunkerz!
  2. mycruiseagent

FS: CAT 2 Micron Fuel Filter

Have one of these left over. $15 shipped in the US.
  3. mycruiseagent

FS: MK4 GLI rear valance - OE new in plastic

***SOLD*** Brand new in VW primer gray still in the wrapper. $200 shipped in the continental US.
  4. mycruiseagent

A few items for a MK4

Clearing out the garage and found a few odds and ends. Neuspeed strut tower bar - no hardware - SOLD ALH valve cover - good used condition - no cracks or holes - $50 shipped. Motor mount part that attaches to the engine - $25 shipped. GLI rear valance - brand new in plastic - primer gray...
  5. mycruiseagent

02 Jetta Gives Her All

Hey Jeff, Not planning on going north ... the weather in the south agrees with me! Not sure what I'm doing next ... might not be a TDI in my future though ... don't think I'll have the funds to buy one I would actually want to own ... and I have needs for the capability of a 4WD pickup ...
  6. mycruiseagent

02 Jetta Gives Her All

Waiting for an offer, but the adjuster said that the cost to repair is over $10K ... therefore it's totaled ... not surprising. I asked about a buy back - they said that when they total a car it goes to copart.com and I would have to bid on it when it goes to auction if I wanted it back.
  7. mycruiseagent

02 Jetta Gives Her All

Haven't been all that active here in the past few years, Peter ... don't have the same TDI scene in this area as we did back in New England. I'm very blessed that no one was hurt and that the car did its job in absorbing the impact ... it literally felt like what you might feel if you walk...
  8. mycruiseagent

02 Jetta Gives Her All

Why yes, yes I do. The lady at the insurance agency handling the claim told me they would make allowances for upgrades I had done ... just provide a list. Edmunds says it's worth about $4900 dealer retail stock - kbb is pretty close to that - so I'd assume that's about where we ought to start...
  9. mycruiseagent

02 Jetta Gives Her All

I have some sad news to report, mixed with the good news that no one was hurt. Sunday afternoon I was driving my 02 Jetta GL on I-20 in a light rain traveling from Myrtle Beach to Birmingham to go to a conference when I passed over a pavement transition from asphalt to concrete that happened to...
  10. mycruiseagent

5th gear upgrade. .681 success 11% RPM drop

Took it for a drive to Atlanta this weekend ... all worked fine. I've got some other issues to take care of on a 12 year old car but perhaps that's the last time I need to open up the transmission!
  11. mycruiseagent

I'd guess this is about right - I did 90 ft-lb when I put it back together today (just taking a guess at a round number). The bolt is a M10x1.0 10.9 grade. Looking at torque specs for that grade bolt on the net that number seemed reasonable. The Bellville spring makes things a bit more...
  12. mycruiseagent

I have a suggestion for the procedure and for ongoing maintenance. I was one of the very early adopters of this mod (January of 2006) and have enjoyed it very much. However in July of 2012 (after a little less than 100,000 miles) I nearly had a catastrophic failure. The center bolt on the...
  13. mycruiseagent

Trans 5th gear ETKA help

Al - thanks for the P/N's they are the right ones. I stopped by the local dealer and had them pull me a screen shot from ETKA to confirm. Andy! I ordered the little parts while I was at the dealer ... but I would love to get your end cover. VW is quite proud of that simple stamped sheet...
  14. mycruiseagent

Trans 5th gear ETKA help

Bump ... anyone? Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2