Recent content by MyAvocation

1. MyAvocation

Missing my '13 Passat tdi

I concluded the same. In September, purchased a new 2017 Passat SEL Premium TSI for only $24k ($27.6k OTD) with 0% APR. Here’s the buying method I used: http://www.fightingchance.com 2018 will come with much better warranty
  2. MyAvocation

windshield inside fogging

Well, not fixed on 2017 MY either... was the first issue I noticed on rainy days -- even when driving solo. This issue has me worried about performance in winter weather (more so when floor mats & shoes damp), however this morning's commute was 15°F with no problems -- despite using...
  3. MyAvocation

battery died

My decades of experience with automotive lead-acid batteries: - last the longest when used daily - repeatedly not used for days/weeks severely shortens life - common failure: after very old battery charged for hundreds of miles on a single trip Dunno why they give up the ghost after long...
  4. MyAvocation

NMS Passat Future Values

Yup, no TDI in 2018 Passat specs. If we're lucky, TDIs will debut in the fully autonomous, MQB-hover model.
  5. MyAvocation

Remote start and VCDS

I noticed a long coding bit for auto start/stop on the TSI. Not interested in tinkering with it. Still trying to get rain sensing windows working.
  6. MyAvocation

Battery Died and Replaced

It may not be related. I had the same issue with a different bulb. Turns out the filament fractured; made electrical contact most days, but no all. You can tell by flicking the bulb with your finger. If the filament vibrates, it's fractured.
  7. MyAvocation

SEL Fender Sound System Problem

I have a similar Fender issue: AM band sounds really bad, all speech is scratchy, like blown speakers. FM and all other sources are fine.
  8. MyAvocation

Beefier Hitches

I agree the forces subjected to a bike hitch will be less than a trailer (teeter-totter on wheels) -- considering you already beefed-up the rear suspension. A bike hitch has the added benefit of convenience, stability, TCO and much less maintenance compared to trailers. However, exceeding the...
  9. MyAvocation

Found my Passat Replacement

Per the article, no hp rating yet, but assumption is same as Tiguan (only 184 hp).
  10. MyAvocation

900 mile Club

"referring to lift pump"
  11. MyAvocation

AutoEnginuity Scan tool?

There are a number of 2005-2006 no start issues with no VCDS codes. EGR, CPS and various fuel system issues come to mind.
  12. MyAvocation

900 mile Club

Urban legend, if referring to lift pump.
  13. MyAvocation

Keep in mind rumor of EA888 2.0TSI coming to 2018 Passat, with mild increase in HP, torque, MPG. This puts me on the fence for a 2017, but time to investigate the Fusion hybrid. (source: http://blog.caranddriver.com/b-squad-volkswagen-tiguan-passat-and-beetle-welcome-new-base-engine/)
  14. MyAvocation

Ha! Perhaps similar to Volvo forums measuring maintenance and repairs by number of trips to Starbucks.
  15. MyAvocation

Torsion adjustments and MPG after cam change

BINGO! In my experience, fuel efficiency increase within the range discussed is minimal. If important, then remove the back seat, spare tire and increase tires to max PSI.:D