Recent content by MTB_TDI

1. M

Pulled Fuel Metering Valve, now car won't start

Got it fixed. I cracked the fuel lines from the fuel rail to the injectors. They were dry. A couple cranks and they were wet. Tightened them to spec and kept going down the line. Once they were wet, she fired right up. moral of the story is, treat it like you just replaced the fuel filter if...
  2. M

The rattling was a rock on my Alluminum skid plate. But haven’t been able to start it to verify that it removed all of the noise. Pretty sure it did. 1) Tank has only 29 miles on it. Filled it up at a place that trucks fill up at. Should be really good fuel. Fuel metering valve was clean as...
  3. M

I have a 2011 Golf TDI. I heard a funny rattling sound yesterday. I pulled the fuel metering valve (I had done it before on the same car, but about 20K miles ago) and checked for metal flakes. I breathed a sigh of relief and put the valve back on. I later tried to start it. It fired right up and...
  4. M

Limp mode, code p0087

Did you ever figure this out?
  5. M

Does bad thermostat, lower operating temperature, significantly decrease MPG?

My t-stat was bad when I bought my '11 Golf. Gauge would read up to temp most of the time but drop when I went downhill. Seemed to never close so it would never get to full operating temperature. Mileage was about 37 mpg. It had a bad dpf too. I did the TB, WP, all maintenance and fixed some...
  6. M

2011 golf thermostat replacement

I did the same thing as farnhamassoc. Didn't take the oil filter housing off. It is a pain but I have seen worse. I did remove the whole front clip off the car to access everything so much easier. I drained and refilled my manual transmission and bled the brakes while I had easy access. I...
  7. M

EGR plates

I second this, but I need it for a 2015.
  8. M

Help! T-stat replacement gone bad

I too replaced my thermostat a couple of weeks ago. The myturbodiesel how to, this thread and another how to video on youtubes helped. I replaced the crossover pipe and removed the front clip thanks to oilhammers suggestions. I did not remove the oil filter housing but used a short triple square...
  9. M

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Recently did the TB, t-stat (worst location ever), fuel filter, cabin filter, oil change, brake bleed, and some exhaust work. It is all up to date on maintenance now.
  10. M

Second DPF replacement in 3 months

I had no issues at with getting my DPF replaced on my 2011 on August 31, 2021. I had just bought the car too. The previous owner did have issues getting the dealer to replace it for some reason. He was just done with car and dealer at that point. I guess it can depend on the dealer.
  11. M

Timing belt costs

I agree, easy with the proper tools to lock the pump, cam and crank. Saves a bunch of money. Took me about 5-6 hours by myself including fighting the belt to get it on. Sometimes they cooperate and other times they don’t.
  12. M

Dpf part's from delete

I have on that has less than 100 miles on it. PM me if interested