Recent content by msiert

1. msiert

Looking for deep tone exhaust.

I do have a short video clip, I’ll load it up as so as I figure out how to do it.
  2. msiert

1.9 ALH Jetta Exhaust

I have the 3" cat back that's galvanized on my Bug, not sure what brand it is but it's been 16 years since it was installed and its still going strong! IMO the 3" pipe gives a beautiful sound deep rich sound!
  3. msiert

Looking for deep tone exhaust.

Have a 3" galvanized cat back system in the 2001 bug with a flow master muffler. Sounds deep and mean!
  4. msiert

Key won't turn all the way in ignition

Turned out to be the steering lock mechanism like the others.
  5. msiert

Key won't turn all the way in ignition

It just happen to me tonight, key turns but not far enough to engage the starter. Came back after a while and raised and lowered the steering wheel a few times and tried the key and it worked, and tried it again and it worked again but the third time it did not nor did it again till I gave up...
  6. msiert

Accident Today

Well maybe I'm not out the woods yet? Believe what the shop meant was the door could not be open and had to be taken off and this exposed the extent of the damage that was hidden by the door. Think they were hoping after pulling on the rack that the damage could be fixed without having to cut...
  7. msiert

Accident Today

Update Got an update from the body shop: "We wanted to let you know when the damaged door was removed there was more damaged exposed on the rocker & ¼ panel area. We will be able to section the left rocker rear section up into the ¼ panel to take care of the damages. With the additional labor...
  8. msiert

Accident Today

Update: They did not total it. The body shop said the the damage came to around 65% of the value of the car, in Nebraska it needs to be 75% of value to be total. Going by memory but I think the damage was around $3,700 - $3,800. They said they were going to put it on the frame rack to pull...
  9. msiert

Accident Today

Placed the claim and talked to the adjuster, they are accepting the liability of the damage so I picked a know body shop that was on their approved list. I nevered open the damaged door (if it would even open or close again) to see what damage laid behind it but I'm hoping it will be minimal...
  10. msiert

Accident Today

Think the insurance company will total it? Great shape with 104,000 miles on it. "][/URL]
  11. msiert

Accident Today

My 2006.5 Jetta got hit in an intersection today by a GMC SUV that ran a red light. Ran the light late since my daughter said she was in the middle of the intersection when she got hit. I know how easy it is for these older cars are to get totaled with what looks like not that much damage. The...
  12. msiert

2001 New Beetle Refresh

"][/URL]
  13. msiert

2001 New Beetle Refresh

"]URL=http://s974.photobucket.com/user/msiert/media/image_zpshgdrfejb.jpeg.html][/URL][/URL]
  14. msiert

2001 New Beetle Refresh

Close ups of the black under coated rockers. "][/URL]
  15. msiert

2001 New Beetle Refresh

"][/URL]