Recent content by mrrhtuner

1. mrrhtuner

Front clunk - Sway bar Links or Bushings

An update from my issue. Replaced both swaybars links with Meyle HD and clunk is gone.
  2. mrrhtuner

You changed the links or bushings?
  3. mrrhtuner

Hey everyone, I've noticed a clunk while driving over small potholes at a slow speed. Back in my MK4 days, often the sway bar links would rarely be the issue and it was more so the sway bar bushings that hold it to the subframe. After doing some reading up about Passat NMS front clunking being...
  4. mrrhtuner

Canadian EA288 owners, oil drain tool?

I agree I learned a long time ago that proper tools make the job easier and less messy at times. Not saying this tool is deal but I don't want to have oil run down my sleeve or something haha Thank you, Thanks, seems like what I will do is just buy a small funnel and attach it to a hose and...
  5. mrrhtuner

Canadian EA288 owners, oil drain tool?

Good day everyone, After calling my local VW Dealer to inquire about how much a basic oil and filter change would cost, I was told it would be $230.00. That is enough for me to continue doing my own oil changes. My previous 2015 Infiniti Q50S, with a 3.7 motor would cost me about $109 per...
  6. mrrhtuner

'15 Passat TDI - Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement Cost

What miles/km should the 2015 passat tdi have the timing belt changed at?
  7. mrrhtuner

DeAutoKey H7RC for NMS Passat

Thanks, I've actually given some LED bulbs a try in my headlight housings. Low beams. The light output is much better and from various tests, it doesn't appear to be blinding or bad glare.
  8. mrrhtuner

2015 Passat TDI - Full Tank/Gauge Issue

Thanks, I appreciate the post. I'm hoping that once I start driving more with this that the car will produce some excellent fuel consumption results :-)
  9. mrrhtuner

The car when I purchased it only had phase 1 completed. I just had phase 2 done so that I can have the full protection with the warranty. I did take a glance at the back of the motor and did see new, shiny hardware. Small update, I completed my full tank yesterday. As I was on the highway...
  10. mrrhtuner

DeAutoKey H7RC for NMS Passat

Hello everyone, I've searched this forum and have found a few older threads regarding the DeAutoKey H7RC hid kit for the NMS Passat. These seem to be a fairly quality and well priced upgrade for these cars and as I'm driving more on darker highways, I'd love to upgrade the factory headlights...
  11. mrrhtuner

Another heater core?

How do both of you know for fact that your car came with G12?
  12. mrrhtuner

I realize the range will fluctuate and give an overall representation based on the average consumption and fuel capacity. I'm not expecting 1020 km out of this tank. Maybe if I was travelling across the country on the highway I would get closer to that but I won't be able to test that for a few...
  13. mrrhtuner

2014 passat SCAN GAUGE fuel economy settings...

I have my own qualms with the fuel gauge/fillup on this car (NMS Passat). I'm curious what others will post here.
  14. mrrhtuner

Okay, I'm going to re-do this test. My Passat NMS was at the dealer the past 2 days so that I could get the VW Emissions Phase 2 fix applied. The car previously only had Phase 1 done. Now, with the car back I am going to redo this test and track my information here in this thread. Don't mind...