Recent content by MrMopar

1. MrMopar

presidential-limo-breaks-down-ahead-of...

Minuscule fractions of the amount of money spent on building solar panel companies so they can be sold to the Chinese for pennies on the dollar.
  2. MrMopar

Heh, I'm sure the answer is a NO on that engine. The Beast needs to accelerate faster than a 6.5TD could do with that much weight. My $1 would be wagered on a custom-built Duramax with a few ECU tuning updates. When you're the President it's like military vehicles: you don't have to care...
  3. MrMopar

Is it Classified whether or not it has one of those "diesel fuel only" stickers on the filler door?
  4. MrMopar

The Secret Service and USAF have always pre-positioned fuel supplies for all Presidential overseas trip. I am baffled as to how gasoline could have been put in the fuel tank since the SS should know darn well what fuel it takes and where that fuel was flown in from.
  5. MrMopar

(Cars you forgot) Yes, You Can Still Buy These Cars New

I think the last 5 years of the Galant they just gave up competing in the mid-sized sedan segment. First they scaled back the V-6 engine option, and never upgraded the 4-cylinder engine past about 160 horsepower. Stuck to a 4-speed auto transmission was pretty old technology, and boring to...
  6. MrMopar

(Cars you forgot) Yes, You Can Still Buy These Cars New

I can't figure out why they stay in North American with a plant that makes 50,000 vehicles a year. It's got to exist solely for the purpose of being a tax write-off.
  7. MrMopar

Maryland Transportation Policy

There should be no surprises here. You are getting higher fuel efficiency with your car purchase? Translation: You are sticking it to the tax man by getting more miles per gallon! You must pay! That's the impetus behind the GPS per-mile taxing experiments. It's great that all those Prius...
  8. MrMopar

Ram 1500 diesel

Like almost every other vehicle out there, won't these units be available used from salvage yards? That's up to them to figure it out. If they can't do the math and see a $3,000 transmission swap as a better deal than a $15,000 replacement car, that's their problem.
  9. MrMopar

10 Cars that can last for 250,000 miles or more

Yep. I had a hand-me-down 1993 Cutlass Supreme that went past 200,000 miles in our family. I sold it for $800 and it's still running around town without any rust, original engine, original transmission, etc. This one runs great and consistently got 32mpg highway.
  10. MrMopar

Hugo Chavez's car

Probably the biggest thing that sticks in my mind is the time he told his citizens that they needed to take 3 minute showers to conserve water. That's right: one of the most oil-rich countries in the Western Hemisphere can't keep the lights on and the water flowing to homes.
  11. MrMopar

I was just throwing the Volvo 240 in there as a joke. It's standard knowledge they last a long time. GM W-body cars frequently have problems, but they also apparently last a LONG time. I see quite a few of them all over the place. And the Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV, for whatever reasons, is...
  12. MrMopar

1. Volvo 240 2. Seriously, buy a Volvo 240.
  13. MrMopar

Chevy Cruze Diesel a direct competitor to the Jetta TDI

The had it, like, in print? To hand to you NOT in a link to a PDF on your phone or tablet? When I looked at a Dodge Dart last year they didn't have printed brochures like they used to . . .
  14. MrMopar

New car unaffordable to Middle Class

I have coverage now that I have a job that can pay for it. The times that I didn't were when I was stuck in the welfare gap.
  15. MrMopar

Ram 1500 diesel

Right, but the government is in control of allowable emissions limits. So the manufacturers have a choice to meet those limits . . . or not sell vehicles. If manufacturers cannot meet those limits with a manual transmission, that means that option goes away thanks to government regulations.