Recent content by mrfiat

1. M

A/C Clutch Broke Off

The compressor was seized up and there was black sludge and metal throughout the system. The evaporator had to be replaced along with all the other A/C parts that came with the compressor kit. My A/C is working great again. Thanks for the help everyone!
  2. M

A/C Clutch Broke Off

Thanks so no need to go under the car. Hopefully the compressor didn't send metal throughout my system.
  3. M

A/C Clutch Broke Off

Thanks. But your case was different than mine since you had to cut your belt. I didn't. I just had to turn off the A/C switch. (I assume you tried that?) So part of the clutch is working at least.
  4. M

A/C Clutch Broke Off

Is it possible that the compressor isn't locked up and the broken A/C clutch is causing the pulley to lock up when it is engaged?
  5. M

A/C Clutch Broke Off

But is the exact same part you would get from IDparts but without the lifetime warranty that you use anywhere in the country. It seems like Autozone is a no brainer in this case unless there is something I'm missing. I buy plenty of parts from IDparts and Kerma, but for parts like this, the...
  6. M

A/C Clutch Broke Off

That's what people say but I have had really good luck with them and Autozone. Mind you this was a brand new Santech compressor. Same exact part you would get elsewhere.
  7. M

A/C Clutch Broke Off

Thanks. I put 3/4 of a can of refrigerant in it and it worked fine for the past 3 months. If it was completely empty, could that be enough to get it working? Do I need to try to turn the nut since Gforce said my current situation means the compressor is locked up anyway? I've been having...
  8. M

A/C Clutch Broke Off

I finally found this thread which has some helpful info about my problem. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/a-c-clutch-plate-broke-off.251683/ One guy said his compressor was toast and the other was able to just replace the clutch. Do I have to pull the serpentine belt off to see...
  9. M

A/C Clutch Broke Off

Hi everyone. Last week I was at idle and smoke starting coming out from under the hood. It was caused by the serpentine belt rubbing on the A/C compressor pulley which wasn't rotating. I turned off the A/C and it stopped smoking. The A/C doesn't work at all now and if I turn the A/C on the...
  10. M

Turbo Cartridge

I get better mileage in my sedan which has a VNT15 with a Kerma tune. 42 mpg highway in the wagon vs. 46 mpg in the sedan. Stage 4 tune in the wagon.
  11. M

Noise from ALH injection pump - replacement questions

Autozone gave me a new Santech compressor to replace the generic one that failed. :-) I have the A/C back up and running and the injection pump is still not making any extra noise. I'm starting to suspect the noise was air in the system. I did replace the fuel filter T in my effort to fix...
  12. M

Update: My injection pump ran flawlessly on the 1425 mile trip. It isn't making that extra noise currently. 46.5 mpg was my best day on this trip in my sedan. My wagon's best is 44 mpg. My average speed was about 70 mph. I still had over a 1/4 tank after 600 miles. My A/C started freezing...
  13. M

Thanks for your thoughts on the tunes. My experience is that the Kerma tune has been wonderful on my sedan. The car runs flawlessly and gets excellent FE. Very little smoke. My other ALH (wagon) has a Malone tune and the car idles rougher (not sure if that has anything to do with with...
  14. M

I took my car on a 120 mile trip yesterday and checked it for the IP noise at 60 miles and at 120. No noise at all.
  15. M

Oilhammer and KermaTDI both disagree with you. I never got the price to change the tune from KermaTDI, since they said the tune would be the same regardless of which pump I used.