Recent content by MrFahrenheit99

1. MrFahrenheit99

Feeler: 2003 Golf. Not running

Yeah good call. Thanks for the insight. I may have to deal with it once i get it out to Illinois
  2. MrFahrenheit99

Good point. This was a bit of a panic post as I'm scrambling to pack up my house before i have to return to work. I'm optimistic it's something simple like purging the air out of the fuel lines. If it turns out to be a pump, I might be contacting you with a proposition haha
  3. MrFahrenheit99

Long story short: I'm now a long haul truck driver and my car sat out for 2 months and probably got air in the lines and won't start. I have absolutely no time to have it fixed so I'm thinking about selling it. Any ideas how much this might go for? Details: 2003 4 door 5 speed. 230,xxx miles...
  4. MrFahrenheit99

Feeler: 2003 Golf 5spd. Not running.

Long story short: I'm now a long haul truck driver and my car sat out for 2 months and probably got air in the lines and won't start. I have absolutely no time to have it fixed so I'm thinking about selling it. Any ideas how much this might go for? Details: 2003 4 door 5 speed. 230,xxx miles...
  5. MrFahrenheit99

Las Cruces, NM

You should definitely do it! I really should spend more time in that region. Beautiful landscape, good weather, great food, and relatively cheap.
  6. MrFahrenheit99

Las Cruces, NM

I'm starting a new career on Monday so I thought I would get out of town and explore one last time before work consumes my life. I drove from LA to New Mexico and wandered around Las Cruces. Really cool little town with great photo ops. I brought my caveman camera with me and hoked around the...
  7. MrFahrenheit99

Subject: Where was Your Favorite Road Trip?

Sounds like a great drive! Where are the photos??
  8. MrFahrenheit99

Chime In: Kerma Springs? Bilstein TC struts? OE? Advice needed for grandpa driver

I really like the reds! On the small cracks and imperfections, they do really well. I barely notice them. On moderate bumps or holes, i hear them more than i feel them. On the larger stuff it's a bit stiff but that's only on really bad roads. I do also have new lower control arms with the Audi...
  9. MrFahrenheit99

Chime In: Kerma Springs? Bilstein TC struts? OE? Advice needed for grandpa driver

I hear the VR6 springs are dump truck stiff. I'm super happy with my front end on the OEM springs. Ride height is greatly improved and have plenty of clearance. I thought my rear was sagging on my old springs but these are worse. I might swap the rear springs since it only takes 15 minutes.
  10. MrFahrenheit99

Southern Road Trip Suggestions?

Absolutely! Would love to check out both the Biltmore Estate in NC and Rhode Island as well. I visited Monticello in 8th grade but am definitely due for another trip. Thanks!
  11. MrFahrenheit99

Second update: I'm legitimately concerned with how low my rear end sits. It's easily an inch lower than my old original springs and you can visually see a huge difference between front and rear. The front has settled nicely and has good clearance but the rear sits with two fingers between the...
  12. MrFahrenheit99

Definitely replace strut mounts. My old rubber was crushed and compressed. It was over an inch shorter than the new rubber mounts. I got all my parts from ID Parts and they sell complete kits with all the extra hardware. I think you still need to add the strut perches and top nuts. I also went...
  13. MrFahrenheit99

Update: Went with OE springs (the Swedish ones), koni Special Active, Audi TT style LCA, new knuckles, new tie rod ends, new sway bar links, and all new bolts/hardware/bushings etc. NOT an easy install whatsoever but I got it done. Required a lot of muscle, manipulation, cutting and a second set...
  14. MrFahrenheit99

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Agreed. I think I could have spent far less on one of those cutaway sockets. Using a torque wrench with the metalnerd was very awkward because it requires a 90º angle. And yeah, those strut bolts definitely spin until they don't. I got the work done so i guess it doesn't really matter now
  15. MrFahrenheit99

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Replaced my entire suspension system yesterday. WAY harder than it was supposed to be. Had to cut out the bolt on one of the control arms. Went with OE springs, Koni Special Active shocks/struts, Audi TT style LCA, new steering knuckles, tie rod ends, and all associated hardware/mounts. Since I...