Recent content by Mr. Clean

1. M

2004 TDI Limp Mode - New Turbo - Garret

Limp Mode Improvement It seems the leek causing the Limp Mode, is due to a brand new air intake rubber turbo hose, that simply will not seal. The colder it gets, the more the rubber hose leaks. It is a new hose, and a used hose leaked as well. I don't know what I can do.
  2. M

2004 TDI Limp Mode - New Turbo - Garret

2004 TDI Wagon: Limp Mode Issues (New Turbo), Cruise Control Issues History: Stage 1+ Rocket Chip about 2 years ago. Understood, that OEM Turbo could not handle the pressure increase with this tune, and as expected, the OEM turbo would go into Limp Mode when the car was pushed (140 km/hr...
  3. M

2004 TDI Wagon Euroswitch/fogs/Ecodes

2004 TDI Wagon Installing ECS Tuning brand - EuroSwitch with supplied Relay/harness, and Ecode lights. ECS has a bit of wiring info for this set-up, but does not include the relay hookup that comes with the kit. Problems I try to get wiring diagrams, or explanations to wire a new...
  4. M

MKIV Jetta TDI Headlight Swap - Deal on Ebay?

2004 1.9L TDI Jetta - Ecode Lights - Euro switch stuff 2004 1.9L TDI Jetta I have: ECS Tuning brand Relay and Euroswitch - all comes with wiring harness(s) What I want: A proper description/electrical schematics/pictures - anything, that shows the proper technical wiring connections to...
  5. M

Where to buy Ecode headlights

2004 TDI jetta Wagon Looking for Ecode headlights Heard Vancity sells a knock off brand - but no response yet. Where i a good place to buy Ecode headlight housings?
  6. M

Can I change the Blue Dash Lights?

Vancity headlights Is it true the member Vancity sells Ecode style headlights? I have a 2004 TDI Jetta Wagon How do I get hold of any sales reps in this forum that sell headlights?
  7. M

Fuel Pump level indicating swiper arm

2004 VW Jetta Wagon TDI: Issue: turn on car and gauge reads empty, when tank is not empty. Quick fix: Turn car on/off, then gauge shows correct reading What I tried: took out fuel pump, measured resistance of swiper arm, as it went through 0 to max level - simply used an ohm meter, and moved...
  8. M

28E6 Glow Plug Recall - Hopefully Resolution

Glow Plug Recall works well 2004 TDI Jetta Wagon. Had the re-recal done, so new NGK plugs and a power realy. At -20C, my car starts up instantly - I love the results - no complaints. I recommend getting this done. Cheers!
  9. M

Very slow start after sitting one day in the cold. 1yr old battery. What's going on?

Issues with a Bad Battery I am technical by trade, and here are some things to think about: Do not by a Chinese made battery at Wall Mart - you get what you pay for. I suggest Interstate for a car battery. Even brand new quality batteries have been known to die in one year. NAPA does...
  10. M

2004-2006 Glowplug Recall(2010) FINALLY!!

Nov 2010 VW Glow Plug Recall Letter: Actually fixed my poor starting in cold weather (-15 C and colder). My Car: 2004 TDI Jetta Wagon My cold starting problems: 6 tries to start my car at...
  11. M

Heated seats.......

Seat Mod for people with Bad Backs 2004 TDI Jetta Wagon Hi, I am comfortable in my seat while driving, but with the sides of the seat hugging my back and legs, I feel like my shoulders and hips are being pushed together, and in turn my lower back aches - I have torn muscles in my lower back...
  12. M

GO Manitoba VW owners

In Brandon, and who is a good option for any ECU performance upgrades in the area?
  13. M

TD tuning

Tune - Who do you recommend How do I get hold of Mike - Where does he work? 2004 TDI Jetta Wagon - would like a tune for better mileage/ bit of power
  14. M

TD tuning

The Mike that is credited for good work and knowledge - where does he work, how do I get in contact with him
  15. M

Quality Injector for MPG, and a little more HP

TD Tuning - good stuff Looks like I will order a tuning module from, and get a tune programmed to the car with my hands - thanks.