Recent content by morty

1. M

2000 GOLF GLS TDI for sale SILVER/BLACK

A very nice gentleman from L.A. will be visiting with $10,500. Fair deal I think, since it's not mint condition like some of the ones on here. Thanks to all who's helped me thru the years.
  2. M

2000 GOLF GLS TDI for sale SILVER/BLACK

Thanks for some great years Fred! Here she is... http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...y&cardist=0 asking $12,000. as the add says: 102K, skid, Bilsteins HD's, new tires, brakes, CAT filter, oldman ccv, foam filter, MB maf, tint, xtra vw rubber mats, garaged but not perfect. 4 DOOR...
  3. M

Feeler: BD X-Monitor Gages GB

Yes to the $250 crowd... This is exactly what I was looking for, found, and didn't want to pay $450 for..
  4. M

Any Interest in a Personal Gauge Computer ?

I'm very intersted in one, especially a multi function one...that I could program the alarm points on. Thanks and good luck.
  5. M

New Injectors (.205) ..now horrible 2 stroke noise

I couldn't duplicate the noise after tightning inj#1 & 3 down slightly. I'm experiencing a lot of smoke under full throttle, but I hope to dial some of that out with vagcom.
  6. M

Thanks for the post. I didn't have time to take it all apart again.. No, I used new washers.. #1 was about 1/4 turn loose... I'll drive to work today and check it tonight again. Everything was super clean when I installed it. I might pop back the old injectors to verify that in fact it is...
  7. M

That's what I STILL think it is...I'll have time to work on it tonight. Yes, complete set from REDROTORS (Thanks!) . Funny thing is, everytime I work on this TDI, I use the best tools, HAVE all the correct tools should I say...I follow the instruction to the "T" and then, once finished, I...
  8. M

Car has been very good. It just turned 80K when I finally got around to installing the Bosch injectors. Everything was clean, I used new washers, etc. I liked the newfound power, and on a deserted not yet built subdivision I did 3 or 4 accelleration test. I really gunned it, abeit slowly...
  9. M

Fixing the flakey door-open sensor switch

Hi all, The door switch is NOT hard to replace as long as you have the right tools - the most important a 6 or 8 mm triple square (available at Checkers). I searched around on vwvortex and found an excellent write up http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107 yet another one...
  10. M

VWoA declines MAF extended warrenty!

Yes, that was a trick back in the old days. It always worked the placebo effect. We didn't even know about injectors... I don't understand what's going on with this forum. I've deleted my cookies and re-started the browser, yet half the time it doesn't show the updated information - I need...
  11. M

Aha, you posted before I could add to mine... Ric Woodruff? You've been a member for almost 4 years, and never heard of Ric? Ric is a guy who was not into performance, shifted at 1800 rpms ALWAYS, and who might not have known if his MAF was defective... I had gotten used to mine and when...
  12. M

Frank M. Please don't take my reply the wrong way. I looked at your home page - nice car, and great looking scenery. I miss the green grass and the snow. The fuel filter and the EGR mod has as much to do with the failure of the MAF as the trouble prone Glow Plug relay/harness has. THAT is...
  13. M

Frank M Are you really Ric W? How do you know your MAF is OK? Have you compared it to a new one lately? Mine died very slowly. And please explain to me how a racepipe can mess a MAF up. Come to think of it, I put the race pipe and new PB MAF on at the same time as I cleaned the intake...
  14. M

Frank M Let's just agree to disagree. I feel like we're missing each other's points. The dealership certainly has every right to deny my claim. I have the right to never go to a dealership again. Are these MAF's defective. Most are. Should VW admit that. Yes, and they have by doing...
  15. M

They didn't get $85 dollars out of me. The deal was that if I didn't have a bad MAF, I'd pay up. A lot of good info here for other members. About disconnecting the MAF - I don't know why I hadn't thought about that. Whining? Go back and re-read. It's more of a ranting - over their...