Recent content by moparvwfrak

1. moparvwfrak

Timing issue.

Hey all. 02 jetta, ALH 5Spd. Vnt17, upgraded intercooler, upgraded injectors (not sure what as I didnt do the mods), kerma intake, some tune as no CEL for egr delete, ya know, all the good stuff ya want in a tdi. So I had to redo the timing belt due to a missing roller, belt rubbing on the...
  2. moparvwfrak

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Yeah the pass side was no fun. driver's was quick. Never been called a wet sider, kinda like it. As for today, swapped my dome light assembly, no change. Won't come on with the doors. You would figure at least ONE door would turn it on. Doesn't come on like my 99s do with the alarm either...
  3. moparvwfrak

new control arms. what a PITA. but doable. Wish I could have found my 30mm 12pt socket. I would have loved to swap ball joints as well. Oh well thats for another day I guess. I also yanked my shredded fender liners. yay..... Now to look at the rear brakes, and swap my hood latch. yay......
  4. moparvwfrak

Dome light question.

Ok. Not necessarily a tdi question but more of a general bouncing of ideas. 02 Jetta GLS TDI. Dome lights don't work when the doors open. Neither front or back. Dome light units have power and work with the switch in the on position. Now what does work are the lights in the doors. I have run...
  5. moparvwfrak

Gas to TDI conversion

I will be doing this exact swap in my 99s. Tdi has a bent frame rail and the gasser is exactly what I want. Should be a direct bolt over for EVERYTHING and I literally have everything to swap. Now to find the time to do said swap.
  6. moparvwfrak

Washed it, swapped key fob housings, activated the unlock honk AND all unlock upon key removal. Not to shabby for about 20 min of work. About 12 days ago I swapped in all my woodgrain into my new TurDI and fixed some of the front end. Still need to replace the hood latch and grille but it'll get...
  7. moparvwfrak

I am a glutton for punishment. I got another one.

Hey guys and gals. Its been a while and I haven't had time to do my swap yet on my 99s. So I bought 2 more cars. I got a 90 Jetta GL Wolfsburg Edition like 3 months ago, manual EVERYTHING, Power steering and a sunroof. Needs a motor. Might put the 99s drivetrain in this one, not sure yet. But...
  8. moparvwfrak

01 New beetle glow plug wiring diagram

i dont come here for info if i can find it elsewhere. but this being the premiere diesel site for VW, i figured if i couldnt find it anywhere else SOMEONE here would have a diagram so i could figure out where to go. i already found what i was looking for since a diagram was not available...
  9. moparvwfrak

Well with this kind on help I should have gone to the Vortex. It seems I would have gotten the same "Google it" BS answer. Thanks for the "help"
  10. moparvwfrak

I have googled it. Every day for the last week. I either get the spam sites that done do anything but give ads for things I don't need OR the 4 wire GP diagrams. Which neither help what I'm working on.
  11. moparvwfrak

i cant recall the code itsself but the wording is glow plug relay short to ground. could be a bad plug BUT this system has had someone in there messing with it. hence why im looking for the diagram. that way i can verify that all the wiring is good to go.
  12. moparvwfrak

Does anyone have a scan of the system diagram? I have a short to ground SOMEWHERE in the system and I need to find it. but since I don't have the diagram for it, i don't even know where to start. help please???
  13. moparvwfrak

broke it. had a small stutter heading to work then about 2 min later it stuttered again and lost all power. it stalled and wouldnt restart. had to drug home and right before my driveway i tried starting it and it started but CEL and a flashing glow plug light greeted me, so now i get to fix...
  14. moparvwfrak

Installed a Dieselgeek Sigma 5 shifter...AWESOME!

i wish i could get one. being a 99, i have the old mk3 style shift lever. :(
  15. moparvwfrak

quick glow plug circuit question 01 beetle

cluster shouldn't matter BUT the code is "glow plug relay J58- open or short to ground" i did replace the 180 relay with the one out of my 99.5 Jetta, same part #, and it went away for about 2 min then came back. same code. mine wasn't throwing a code at all when i did this. so i know the relay...