Recent content by Moparmax

1. Moparmax

Help! Suddenly can't shift. What to check?

Sounds like a possibility the clutch isn't disengaging fully.
  2. Moparmax

Recommended order to upgrade the 1.9 ALH

A Burpod tune on factory hardware is about all the stock clutch is going to handle. Once you do the clutch, Injectors and turbo are next.
  3. Moparmax

what tuner should i get

I can’t speak for the price point but I bet he would be less $$ for even better gains. His tune in my stock 2001 has some serious grunt.
  4. Moparmax

what tuner should i get

ALH?? If so talk to @burpod, he is the king of ALH tunes.
  5. Moparmax

MK4 ALH 5-speed quest/ownership

Great little cars with an even better engine. I bought my first one as a cheap work beater, liked it so much I bought a second…
  6. Moparmax

What did you do to your MKIV today?

When ambient temps never get above freezing, yes you could…and I 100% would get rid of it. But in the summer months when the temps never get below 80 it seems…yea I’ll keep my intercooler.
  7. Moparmax

Yea, I get that. It just seemed to help recover some lost MPGs through the cold months.
  8. Moparmax

Lost heat is wasted fuel.
  9. Moparmax

Watching temps before and after covering it last winter is what led me to cover it again. I know this new tune and turbo will be different so I will continue to monitor as well. @burpod I will try to get you another couple logs sent throughout the weekend.
  10. Moparmax

Heat conservation for winter, and it keeps the slush, road grime and salt out of it.
  11. Moparmax

Just did some work to my 2000, pd intake-gtb1756, initial tune from Burpod is pretty tame (on purpose) but running very well. Cut the cat apart and knocked the guts out of it. Covered the radiator, grill, bumper vents and wrapped my intercooler for winter. Oh and put my good tires up front. Lol
  12. Moparmax

injector sizing questions

Talk to @burpod
  13. Moparmax

New or Reman Starter

I went with a Valeo, no complaints whatsoever. Worth every penny.
  14. Moparmax

tuning analysis - what's in a malone tune - starter kit

Im sure it would run, but it won’t be right. Get a VCDS and an MPPS cable, talk with Burpod. You will not regret the results, his stuff runs very well and gets great milage. I have two cars with different combinations of parts running Burpod tunes and I’m very happy with them both.
  15. Moparmax

Best tuner for alh

Another strong vote to @burpod