Recent content by Momentslater

1. M

1989 944 s2 TDI BHW swap!!!

It's just a power steering pump, but it's an electric motor. Any chance you'd be willing to part with one of those adapters? In the case of the bellhousing I don't mind doing some unorthodox "clearancing" on the firewall, the car is a 85/2 NA and has a rebuilt title and 260k km so it really...
  2. M

1989 944 s2 TDI BHW swap!!!

I'm in the works of doing a CR swap into a 944. Have chose to cut up an 02J transmission for the bellhousing and make an adapter plate for the torque tube. Will be looking into using an upgraded Turbo intercooler from Lindsey racing. Gonna stick with the stock cluster as most of it can be made...
  3. M

ALH Constant Limp Mode 4 Fault Codes

When power failed to the N108 valve I was under full throttle so I think it might have locked the valve in the most advanced position or most retarded. Honestly not sure but replacing the fuse solved my issue, fine tuned my IP timing and have had no issues.
  4. M

Thanks for all the assistance guys, I have solved the issue and the fault was caused by a blown fuse #34 in the fuse panel by the drivers door, I replaced the fuse and all my issues have gone away. I hope if anyone else is having similar issues they find this thread, checking that fuse earlier...
  5. M

Yes I am using VCDS. Unfortunately all the common solution refers to an electronical issues but all these components are on different harnesses
  6. M

I'm looking for some advice on the issues I'm having with my car right now. Was driving away from a light and at about 50kmh the car just fell on its face, the car was running really rough and had 4 codes when I checked the car when I got home: 16629: N75 Short to Ground 16486: MAF signal too...
  7. M

Side Curtain Airbags (Retrofit Possible?)

Ahh, so it's a whole bunch of work that ain't exactly worth it. From my knowledge all mk4s have the airbags in the seats minus some of the 99.5s, it's the Side Curtains that were optional from 99.5-02. 03 on they were standard. My 02 is definitely missing the option as it's not listed on the...
  8. M

Side Curtain Airbags (Retrofit Possible?)

We just picked up an 02 Jetta wo/ Side Curtain Airbags. My 03 has them and I'm wondering if it is possible to add a set to the 02 or if the 02s don't have the applicable wiring? Just asking because they do bring a little piece of mind.
  9. M

200,000 mile club... roll call!

03 Jetta GLS, ALH 5-Speed, just rolled over 400k kms.
  10. M

TDI Knock/Wrap

Sounds a great deal to me like fuel knock. My car has it when hot or cold. When you let off throttle usually if it's in the valve train or bottom end or whatever you'll keep hearing it. These engines, from my understanding, when they are cold they will not completely cut fuel when you get off...
  11. M

09a Transmission Issues

I can give that a try if I can find that in my area, I'll try just changing it with what I can find that is completely compatible.
  12. M

Best antitheft routine?

My girlfriend had a friend that used to steal cars I asked her about how easy it was to steal our cars and she told me that most car theifts will never touch a car with a good immo system unless: a) They can find a key Or b) It's left running.
  13. M

09a Transmission Issues

My girlfriends car w/ the 09a trans is not going into 4th or 5th when warm or cold. It'll go into third when warm but slip when the rpms are below 3500. When the trans is really cold it won't go into any forward gears, only reverse. Does anyone know what this is symptoms of? I will rebuild this...
  14. M

Transmission or clutch?

The PO of my car had the flywheel snap in half and what you're describing seems to be the exact description that the PO of my car gave to the dealership. They ended upreplacing the trans the flywheel the clutch the pressure plate, all of that.
  15. M

Belt Squeal, boost leak, turbo noise ? - see video

imo it doesn't sound turbo related since it seems very in sync with rpms. Not sure where else you could start other then removing the accessory belt to rule out anything in there and putting your ear on a screwdriver and listening to things to see if you hear anything.