Recent content by Momentslater

1. M

ALH 01m to Dq250 DSG Swap Completed!

On my swap I am using the axles from the 2006 Beetle TDI w/ DSG. Trakmotive P#s: L - VW8095 R - VW8093 I have used Trakmotive many times in the past, quality is decent but typically if I ran into a bad one, it's bad out of the box. Nice thing is their "lifetime warranty", they tend to honor...
  2. M

02J Driveline Backlash Issues

Ultimately, the DMF failure (just over 2in of play) is the main cause of my issue here. Wear in the CV joints and transmission just exasperated the issue, from what I can tell.
  3. M

The flywheel has a rubber bit that separates the clutch/PP from the part of the flywheel that's connected to the crankshaft. When this bit fails you can get A LOT of play in the assembly.
  4. M

From my knowledge (I'm not a tech or anything): -With CV joints I'd say anything over 4mm needs to be replaced. -With the gearbox it's kinda a toss up, my transmission @ ~530k km has about 2-3mm of backlash at the cv flange in 3rd (hardest gear in my trans to get into). It makes a small amount...
  5. M

Already warrantied and will have a new one tomorrow. Looks like I also didn't add much grease to a CV joint, need to get a new one of those too 😓.
  6. M

Update: In the process of pulling the transmission. I moved the wheels back and forth while watching the clutch/flywheel and there's about 30+ degrees of slop. The flywheel doesn't move but you can see the pressure plate moves significantly. Bolts on the PP are tight.. Looks like this 17-050...
  7. M

Thank you for your insight! This seems to be the most probable explanation for my issue. I will definitely following up in 2 weeks when I have the transmission pulled and case split. Now I just gotta not break the 5th gear like I did with the transmission I got the final drive out of..
  8. M

I completely agree with you! I work parts and the china CV axles are horrid. I first installed china axles in a effort to fix the issue but they failed on their own after 20k km. Ended up reusing factory axles with new "OE" CV joints. No slop there to be found there unfortunately. The problem...
  9. M

I'm quite certain, new clutch and flywheel done 8 months ago. It will be clear to see once the transmission is out.
  10. M

That's a good idea on what might be happening. I will for sure make a whole thread to document all this, w/ pictures and video.
  11. M

Last time I drained the fluid there was no metal, this was earlier on in the development of this issue though. I already have a good final drive to swap in, so it might just be time to pull the trans and split the case.
  12. M

Yes sir, all new mounts. I replaced the dogbone mount a second time with no change. The sound is reproduceable by grabbing a axle and rotating back and forth.
  13. M

Been replaced in the past few months with TT bushings, made no difference in the issue.
  14. M

Crowd sourcing advice re my 05 Jetta (PD)

If this was me I'd preform a visual inspection of the belt and possibly run it till the end of the year, depending on belt condition (no cracks or excessive wear). You'll see a lot of places claiming 120k mi as safe for these belts. The real concern is age, 6 years is the OE interval for timing...
  15. M

I am having an issue where there is a noticeable amount of backlash in the driveline. Suddenly coming on or off throttle will cause a clunk/knock. It does not appear to be flywheel or CV related as the issue can be replicated in any gear (including neutral) by rotating either of the front wheels...