Recent content by mnted

1. M

Chirping sound from front end.

Ok….so what was the final diagnosis?
  2. M

Extreme Oil usage after shop sevicing.

When I picked up car at the dealership I checked the oil with a cool engine. It was roughly about a was about 1/4 of an inch from being completely topped off. When I got home (about a 12 mile drive) I checked it again with a hot and it was about the same spot. The whole adding of 2 quarts still...
  3. M

Well here is what I found out today. The service manager called to tell me they put about 80 miles on my Passat and the oil level did not change. He said they interviewed the tech (an experienced one, he stated) and the tech admitted he only put in 4 1/2 quarts (the specs for a Jetta TDI) and...
  4. M

I have no ideas that make any sense...when I asked the service representative, all he said is "I don't know, there are a lot of moving parts". Not a good response in my mind. If something blocked the inlet/outlet to the oil filter, would that pressurize the system and force the oil out where it...
  5. M

I have to read what is covered under the Diesel-Gate...not sure if this would be. The oil level was checked with a cold engine after the car was garaged over night.
  6. M

It came on the dash, I did not check it after oil change....I assumed the dealership filled it properly.
  7. M

60k...it all started after the 60K oil change service. The dealership (Westside VW, St. Louis Park, MN) looked at it today and found no visible oil leaks and the under engine cover was dry. They topped the oil off and took for a 10 mile test drive after which they say the oil didn’t appear to go...
  8. M

I’m waiting at the dealership now for their diagnosis. I went through a quart of oil in 21 (yes twenty one) miles.
  9. M

Wrote a letter to service manager last nite. Promptly got a call back this morning. They ruled out the ad blue injector stating there is no oil contact with/through that part. They think it is coincidental the oil problem started after them servicing the vehicle. They are having me bring the...
  10. M

My ad blue injector was leaking on my 2015 Passt TDI. While they had it in the shop for that repair I had them do an oil/filter change also. When I got the car back it went through a quart of oil in 75 mile. I thought that they shorted me a quart with the change so back to the VW dealership I...