Recent content by MJCB

1. M

Vagcom can only access 1/2 my control modules

Thanks for your help, I am sure its not the cable but am a bit stuck as to where to go for advice as car works perfectly !
  2. M

Hi Bruce, Will try this at the weekend - do you any suggestion where to start & which fuses to pull to speed things up ? Do you think it would be worth disconnecting the battery ?
  3. M

Hi Bruce, Yes it seems to be an intermittent problem. I bought the cable from Ilexa & it tests OK on other cars so I don't think its the cable. Am running VCDS on a Thinkpad X60s have disabled Avast etc.
  4. M

Thanks for your help Bruce, it is quite variable as can't get into the engine at all just now but OK yesterday ! Let me know if you need any more details...
  5. M

In fact, sometimes I can "access" the CC module but the words are all garbled as if the data is corrupted on its way to VCDS
  6. M

Hi, Yes it definitely has a CC module which I have previously accessed & programmed several times via Vag-com. Standard spec on these cars is AC, heated seats, Xenon lights, rain sensitive wipers, autodim mirror & AWD. Only options were sunroof, cruise, & stereo (Delta 6 or MFD) Mine has cruise...
  7. M

Thanks, I had already tried disabling my AV etc. I understand it will skip modules if not fitted so do you think its just the CC unit it is really having issues with as Engine I can/can't get into but the CC seems really stuck ?
  8. M

Just tried again & after a couple of tries got into the engine module OK Ran an autoscan but a lot is missing as I guess it gets no response VCDS Version: Release 805.3 Data version: 20090213 Tuesday,28,April,2009,20:43:22:59313 Chassis Type: 1J - VW Golf/Bora IV Scan: 01 02 03 08 15 16 17 19...
  9. M

Thanks no both K1 & K2 test as OK as I wondered this too ! Do all the diagnostics run down the K Line (Pin 7) of the OBD connector ?
  10. M

Hello Can anyone suggest where to start looking for the following problem ? I am using a genuine fully licenced copy of VCDS 805.3 but can only access some modules. The cable & software I am sure are fine as the modules are either accessed straight away or a great deal of trouble/don't work so I...