Recent content by milktree

1. milktree

Rear wiper frequency/interval change with VCDS

That's not actually an option I can find...
  2. milktree

Rear wiper frequency/interval change with VCDS

I have a ’15 SEL wagon. I believe there's a way to change the wiper interval for the rear wiper from its default (7 seconds?) to anything I want. I found instructions that looked like they should work... but don’t. control unit: 09 Central Electrics 16 Security Access: security code...
  3. milktree

Please.. tell me this isnt one of you who posted this..

"I know what I have" That's right up there with "my loss is your gain" and "no lowballers".
  4. milktree

TORQUE!!!!!

Shocks == rear Struts == front The front struts on the TDIs and regular Golfs and GSWs are 50mm, but the GTI, R, and Alltrack struts are 55mm. The rear shocks on the TDI (with the torsion beam suspension) are 14mm wider than any of the multi-link rear shocks. I'm 100% sure I could have put...
  5. milktree

TORQUE!!!!!

For anyone following along at home: I attempted to install the Bilstein shocks in the rear of my car last weekend (I failed because I fat-fingered and bought the non-TDI shocks that don't fit, the bottom mount is 14mm too wide) Anyway... For science, I tightened the left lower shock mount...
  6. milktree

How to evaluate different tunes? Kerma, Malone?

That's good to hear. Do you mean your customers have had emissions related warranty work, and not been challenged? Or do you mean they've had NON-emissions warranty work done and not had a problem? Would the dealer even bother informing a customer of a TD1 flag if the warranty work was...
  7. milktree

Do I infer you mean the "x number of flashes" in the car's ECU is immune to any manipulation by things like Kerma's flash dongle?
  8. milktree

A question for those who have gotten a Kerma tune: One thing that appeals to me is the ability to put the stock tune back in if you need to take the car to a dealer for warranty work. Obviously if I'm hoonig and break a con-rod, that's not on them. But if some part of the emissions system...
  9. milktree

TORQUE!!!!!

I don't know what "ARP" means in this context. Would you use the XXX Nm + YYY° method?
  10. milktree

TORQUE!!!!!

Not really a suspension part. :) (I think) The steering knuckles on GTIs, Rs, and Alltracks are aluminum, but not on the diesels. All the drop-in Audi knuckles are aluminum. But do any of them have threaded holes? I thought they were all through holes. (I'm not super confident of this...
  11. milktree

TORQUE!!!!!

I don't know what "tb" stands for.
  12. milktree

TORQUE!!!!!

What aluminum suspension components have threaded holes?
  13. milktree

TORQUE!!!!!

You mean like studs in an aluminum cylinder block? I don't think any of the aluminum suspension hardware has threaded holes that require "interesting" torque. Am I forgetting some?
  14. milktree

TORQUE!!!!!

I guess the question is more about if they're actually "to yield", or is that just a VW way of more precisely setting torque? For instance: The nuts that hold the bottom of the ball joint on have a spec. of "40Nm +45°". But what's yielding there? I've never heard of a a torque to yield...
  15. milktree

TORQUE!!!!!

That stretched caliper bolt got that way because the torque wrench never clicked. I backed off and thought, "wait, that's not right" when the resistance to turning stopped increasing. Oops. so, it's an extreme example. I can't imagine that people who don't replace them have that experience...