Recent content by mikeyworks

1. M

Metalnerd TDI Engine Tool Pro Kit A3/B4/A4/NB (Plus)

These are "sold" pending payment...I will contact others if the sale falls through for some reason! Thanks Mike
  2. M

* * * PRICE DROP (03/09/15) * * * Price reduced to $200 obo shipped to the lower 48.
  3. M

Misc Tools / Parts

Items updated...thanks!
  4. M

Misc Tools / Parts

I have a few misc parts from my TDI collection. Since I sold the TDI, I'm going to let some of these parts go: (all prices below should be considered or-best-offer!) Strut spreader tool - SOLD Radio Removal Tools - SOLD ALH TDI MAF Core - $15 plus shipping (pretty sure the MAF itself is...
  5. M

* * * PRICE DROP (03/09/15) * * * I recently sold my TDI...so I am going to also part with some of the tools. I have a genuine Metalnerd TDI® Engine Tool Pro Kit A3/B4/A4/NB, plus some extras! If you don't already know, these tools are expertly crafted by Manufactured by Charles Meglio...
  6. M

2000 Jetta won't even crank

Test the battery - grab your handy-dandy multimeter and touch one lead to the positive terminal and the other lead to the ground (body, engine, etc.). If its below 12V, batter may be the culprit. If the battery is good, have someone in the car while your head is under the hood. Have them turn...
  7. M

Code 00553 and surging...not the headache I need.

Any thoughts? I put di-electric grease on the prongs and the symptom is still there. Probably going to peel back the protective plastic on the wires today to see if the power supply wire or any others are damaged/corroded, etc. I just find it wired that this is happening right after I took the...
  8. M

What b the problem ?

I have something similar, but it's throwing a code for intermittent MAF grounding out 05533. Are you getting any codes? Sometimes mine does it mid drive, after I decelerate and then try to re-accelerate. M
  9. M

Stolen 2010 wagon out of my garage

IMHO, all that would do is incite them to do more damage elsewhere our of frustration. Remember, they're not thinking rationally, they are after all stealing cars for a living!
  10. M

Stolen 2010 wagon out of my garage

Change the keys/locks on the car now. If you had house keys or any other keys on it, change those locks too. Chances are they copied your keys while they had it. May be staging a return.
  11. M

Code 00553 and surging...not the headache I need.

So I finally rolled 250K miles on ol' Green this week. I also took the time last weekend to replace the bad EGR. The original had officially given up and was puking oil like crazy. I grabbed a cheap-o race pipe device and put it on so that I could stem the oil leak. While I was there, I...
  12. M

Parting out- 03 Jetta TDI 5spd rollover

I'm interested in the rear calipers if they are available...Thanks!
  13. M

I killed it D@**#T! (FS or Parts: 2001 Jetta TDI, 5SP, 278K)

I didn't see them listed, so I figured I would ask (unless I overlooked them)...do you have the rear calipers for sale? If so, how much? I could consider rebuilding them to replace mine of similar mileage.