Recent content by mikerob97

1. M

2014 JSW - DPF / EGR Delete w/ Malone Stage 2 Tune

Update - I replaced the EGR Valve, and it is indeed separate from the Throttle Flap. The car does run well and highway mileage is improved quite a bit, around town mileage a little - will post some numbers in the next few weeks. I did want to caution folks about a vender selling TDI EGR delete...
  2. M

Fuel filter lines

I would use fuel injection lines - they are different than regular gas lines. They will say "fuel injection" on the side. You can buy by the foot as some auto parts stores - but not all stores will have it .
  3. M

Turn of brake light after changing brakes

The pads are interchangeable (except for the sensor wire). As a work around, take the plug from the other side that you cut off, twist the wires together, and wrap a bit of electrical tape. Then plug into the side that should have had the sensor. This will fool the system into thinking the...
  4. M

No worries, here is the link to the Tunnel Brace that I ordered. Very happy with it. Fits perfect and covers the new exhaust system perfectly. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/fuel-line-set/1k0130295ah/
  5. M

Thanks for the heads up...In looking at the configuration, I am thinking that the removal of the EGR component will still allow the Intake Throttle Flap assembly to remain in place. They appear to be two different components. Am I incorrect with that? Regarding the cooler, I have found a nice...
  6. M

Fuel filter lines

they are available from many of the online VW parts suppliers. For example a very quick search found this, https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/fuel-line-set/1k0130295ah/ Just do some hunting.
  7. M

Will 312mm front rotors work on 2012 JSW TDI?

Not quite sure that I follow your question. The 312mm are the stock size front rotors for the Sportwagen Tdi. The stock rear size is 272mm.
  8. M

So far, I am really enjoying the improved drivability. Car has lots of power, idle is smooth, and does not cut off if you happen to lug the engine at low RPM. Have only put 100 miles, so no fuel mileage report yet. But two thumbs up so far. Next will be the removal of the exhaust gas cooler...
  9. M

Just finished installing the BuzzKen DPF / EGR Delete. Some of my notes and observations. Installation was very straight forward. I followed the DFP removal instructions from the Rawtech site. I removed the passenger side driveshaft to allow for more room to work. I also removed the...
  10. M

Line output converter help

Very interested in this idea of coding the outputs for line level via VCDS. Curious, how many pairs (channels) of line level outputs are there? Are there 4 channels - ie LF, RF, LR, RR , so I could use a 4 channel amp. Then use crossover circuits to distribute the correct frequencies to the...
  11. M

Broken Panoramic Sunroof

You guys have me terrified to ever open the sunshade or the sunroof ever again...:eek:
  12. M

Panorama Roof Rear Drain Fix

A few weeks ago, noticed water in the spare tire area...again. Checked the drain hose behind the cargo panel and sure enough, it had become dislodged from the drain grommet. When I tried to insert the hose into the grommet, the hose had apparently shrunk over the years (due to heat) and was...
  13. M

How to Change the Title of a Post - Help

I made a mistake when posting and need to change the Title. Is seems I can change the Subject line inside the post, but I want the title. How can this be accomplished. Thanks, Mike
  14. M

Mk5 R32 - Brake Conversion

Finally had some time to install the front and rear R32 brakes on my Jetta Sportwagen. I purchased the brakes used last summer. Painted over Christmas Holiday with the G2 epoxy paint. Rebuilt with new seals. Installed with Ate ceramic pads and Ate coated rotors. Also installed the Neuspeed...